Vacation in Vermont!!!! leaving tomorrow!!!

Hi, Well, I am going home in October and I would love to meet up with some of you if it is possible, I am staying in Burlington, VT most of the time, but wondering around, going up to the North East Kingdom, to Stowe, and that area, well, my old play area's, then off to Clifton Park NY for a few days to see my Aunt. I know everyone is busy with family and friends, but if you think we could do it, we could try.

I am open for idea's.

Suzan Isn't Vermont home for you?? Seems I remember something about you used to live in Vermont.

There are a few good quilt shops in Vermont too, I think one of them is called Yankee Pride or something, i think it is in Williston, I go there with my sister when I visit. there is another too, but I would have to ask my sister the name of it. If you have been there lately you probably know about them anyway. Have fun and enjoy your vacation.

I used to live in Poughkeepsie many many years ago when my husband attended the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park NY.

YUP, born and raised in Vermont, but up north, Newport, to be exact then moved near Burlington, There is Strawberry Rhubarb in Williston, and in Essex Junction there is one on the main drive, can't remember the name, then there is a another in Williston that does the shop hop, a nice store in Johnson, they have lots of unusual fabric, and of course a shop in Stowe, I haven't been home for a year, I still have my Dad who is going on 96, and who is starting to feel his age, so big brother said to come now, I will have the condo to myself for three weeks, so I can visit Dad, whom is in a home now, do my running around and, I kept the sewing machine and quilting things that Mom had, so I can even do a little patch.

Isn't life funny, we lived in Poughkeepsie on and off, each time that DH was sent to the US it was there, and we used to have "Cousins lunch" at the Culinary Institute every spring when we were there, We would get all dressed up and enjoy the great meal. Even count the wrinkles on the faces of nearest cousin, how terrible!!!but that's girls!!!

it truly is a small world, I am so happy to hear that you are getting a trip back home for a few weeks. I know how much you miss Vermont and you will be glad that you got to see your Dad, if anything were to happen to him while you are in France you will have made the effort to see him while he and you can both have special time together.

I made that trip to see my Dad last April and now if I was to visit him he would not know me, but Praise the Lord that day I went he was very alert and it was a special time.

Enjoy yourself, I wont get back to Vt. till next April or I would surely try to see you too!!

Hi Suzan, I'm is Stowe so would love to meet you while you are here. There is a possibility I will be in England tho'. My mother is scheduled for heart surgery on Sept 1st & I was planning to go home on Sept 15 for 4 weeks to be with her for her recovery. However, she had a chest infection last week and won't know until Wednesday if she can still have the surgery on Thursday.....

Strawberry & Rhubarb is now called Stitched & is in Maple Tree Plaza (Tafts Corner); Yankee Pride is on Rte 15 Essex Jct just north of the 5-ways; Sew Many Treasures is in Williston on Rte 2; Stowe Fabric and Yarn is on the corner of Park & Pond in Stowe; A Quilter's Garden is on Rte 302 in Montpelier just past Tractor Supply; The Quilted Lily in Johnson sadly is no more! There are now 3 or more quilt shops in Newport, Derby, Lyndonville etc

I will send you a U2U

The quilt shop book I have has a shop called Forever Bloom at 71N Main St. in Saint Albans. Telephone number 802 370-3111. Also Cowles Quilting Machines is in St. Albans. They sell Gammills.

I used to live near Heidi in Halfmoon, I moved about 40 minutes south east in Averill Park but would love to meet up with you if you are in the area in October. Maybe we can get a group to go out to dinner together.

Oh Wow, I watched some YouTube on the covered bridges, it was awful, the water just going to.....my cousins in the north said there was so much water they were ready to evacuate the horses. I have another cousin near the CT river, but no news, hope that she is OK. Thinking about the poor cows, and they were able to to get the sheep out on boats to go to higher ground!!! and of course, things will be just fine and almost back to normal when I arrive, so yes, Jeanne I still have my tickets and ready to jump on that plane:):)

Suzan I would love to some day return to Vermont! I lived in Vermont when I was a kid, from 2nd - 6th grade. Lived two years in South Burlington and the remainder in Malletts Bay (Colchester). Lots of fond memories growing up there! I remember the beautiful country side, the old churches, covered bridges, swimming in Lake Champlain, Ethan Allen Park, Winooski River flooding each year, the beautiful fall leaves, maple syrup and all the snow. I hope you have a wonderful trip home!

Guess when we grow up in Vermont we have a different point of view, just love and will always love my home state, lots of good memories, and of course like Liam said, "maple syrup" and for Jeanne it is her mud quilt outing!!!! Ethan Allen park hasn't changed, but the flooding of the Winooski river was on a YouTube the other day, and wow!!! Colchester has really grown up, that is where the family condo is, and I am about 5 minutes from Malletts bay, and blueberry and strawberry picking, but guess that will be over with and I can get some pumpkins!!!!! Hopefully there won't be any snow!!!

• 1 month later...

I am leaving tomorrow, I hope to see you gals when at home, I know that some of you work and have lots of things to do, I will give a call to you when I am around your area to see if there is a possibility!!!!

Sorry I have not been on the forum this last few weeks, after St.Marie, had lots to do, Classes started last week, and I have to leave so left them lots of homework to do while away.

Keep up the beautiful work and will be back on in three weeks or so .....

Happy quilting

Archived