Another Batting Question

I love the way a quilt feels when quilted with 100% cotton or 80/20 however, I have a personal quilt that I really want to show off the quilting and wool is not an option. I have been looking at Quilters Dream Puff. Is this a good choice? And if I want to trapunto would this be the poly I need to use and then cotton? And does it matter it I use 100% or 80/20 with the trapunto?

Ok maybe I should have said questions!:P

Heidi, Thank You for the help. Where I live I am limited to Wal-Mart so I thought that I would start ordering a few for myself and to have on hand I don't have the space for rolls and I am just starting so not sure about what is out there. Trying to research and thought that this would be the best place. Going with the experts:D.

As for wool I'm allergic to it, or I was when I was younger Mom said that if she covered me with wool I couldn't breath and would have an asthma attack. I just don't want to risk it.

I can't wear wool clothing and don't like it next to my skin at all, but I used the QD wool batting in a couple quilts and never had a problem with it itching or anything. I use the quilts also. I think the "new" wool is a lot different than the wool of olden days when it was itchy,scratchy and you couldn't wash it, etc. This new stuff was soooo soft and really easy to work with. I am thinking of ordering more batts to have on hand - just for me. I love the Puff, too. I have a roll of that one.

Wow thanks for the information. I know that I didn't have a reaction when I handled a sample of wool but was not sure about a whole quilt or sleeping under it. I might give it a try. Thank you for the additional comments. I really love this forum always feel that I get support and help no matter how basic the question.

Archived