Panto with borders quilted separatly

Customer wanted me to end this panto at the borders and quilt them separately. This is the 1st time I tried that, and it worked out OK. I adapted the border designs from the panto, Daises Galore. My DH came up with a way for me to stop right on the border with the panto, I will take pictures of that set up and post another day as his idea worked great.

post--13461907103424_thumb.jpg

It gives it a "custom" look without all of the trouble it takes to make a pretty custom quilt. I prefer to do the body of my quilt one way, then do the borders completely different. I'm partial to piano keys in the last border, but the last quilt I did I used CL board Swirls in the body and CL Cable for the border. I SID around the borders to stablilize them first.

Some quilts are meant to be show quilts (hours of custom work) and some are meant to be used on the bed or by the kids (fast and simple e2e) and some are just nice quilts you want to display in your home to be proud that you made it (has just a little extra).

For all of you who LA as a business I think there are a lot of customers out there who would pay a little extra for this way. It's a little more work, but not bad. I don't mind turning the quilt with the Red Snappers on. I didn't llike turning my quilts when I used to pin them on.

I forgot to say I really like your quilt too and I'm looking forward to how you set yours up. I usually just put painters tape over the pattern to remind me to stop there and I also watch the quilt as well as the pattern as I go.

Ardelle - I made that same quilt a couple of years ago - and haven't done a thing with it! You've inspired me to get it out and loaded on Lenni. Problem is it's so BIG!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/106459659904416321606/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCMWa5ZTrhvnk3gE&gsessionid=q9cJ15sgFPw_K8zMlbul2Q#5659785655367214370

Originally posted by DoryJM

Ardell, I love your quilt! And your FB page is really nice. Do you think its brought you any business?

Thanks Dory, I just started my facebook page, so no it has not brought me business yet...I am hopeful thought, our other facebook page for the store has...I also want to use is to show new customers what I do. I am planning to refer new customers who talk to me via the phone to my FB page to see my work and I also plan to use it when consulting to show how things I am talking about look on a real quilt. That is my plan...

Archived