binding ruler ?????

Hi Sharon,

I use a SID ruler - the little 1/4" protrusions keep the binding nice and flat, and it works beautifully. The ruler sits nicely on the binding on the left, top and right sides, but on the bottom edge, I usually pin the binding and put the ruler in front of the hopping foot to guide the 1/4" seam, rather than hold it awkwardly at the back of hopping foot.

Hope that helps.:)

Honestly it is faster and easier to line the edge of your hopping foot up with the edge of your binding/quilt and sew. It's ust as accurate. I've used different rulers including the one from anilee and it's easier without any of those.

I use my channel lock across the top and bottom, and just use the edge of the foot down the sides. I show the anilee ruler to my students when I teach a binding class. Just wished it was a little longer. The line tamer looks like a good tool also. Thanks for posting. I'm always looking for new gadgets to show my students!

I bought the line tamer, but found it doesn't work well with my foot if going horizontally. Vertically is fine. Problem is that my foot is not machined perfectly round and is a little larger front to back than it is side to side. Am looking forward to the new detachable feet and hoping that they will solve this problem. Anyone heard anything new on when they will be available?

Archived