What was I thinking?

I'm back from England, getting back into the swing of quilting and here is my next project. A small twin for a college freshman made by his GM. It consists of up to 400 weight fleece with fleece applique and 400 weight fleece backing & no batting (thank heavens). The Customer wants custom with nothing over the applique and I am definitely going to have to avoid stitching over where 4 blocks come together.

Any suggestions as to how I should quilt this?

I can't quite remember why I said I would do this quilt at all except that, before I left for England I was afraid I wouldn't have enough work this fall ;)

post--13461907174747_thumb.jpg

YIKES! :o:o:o

Do the V-8 smack on the forehead!! :D

You might want to "renegotiate" your original commitment to longarm quilt this thing. I think it might be better tied with yarn. Seriously!!!

But if you want to attempt to quilt it, I would just do a simple meander around areas to carefully avoid the thick areas.

Could you echo the shapes once inside and once on the outside of the shapes to where it crosses over the seams but hopefully not the intersections?

After enlarging the picture so I could see I noticed she has done different things in some of them. What exactly did she expect YOU to do with this?

Archived