Paypal questions

I recently received an e-mail that says its from Paypal and I thought I would ask if anyone on this forum has received anything similiar and if anyone thinks its a scam. I don't think I even have a paypal account or I might have ordered stuff through them once or twice. The e-mail says a foriegn IP address has been trying to access my account and they want me to click on (PP-bunch of numbers) to verify my identity. Does this seem legitimate to any of you that use paypal? It looks like their logo but I know scams usually work like this and I would not go an verify my identity regardless. If anyone has feedback on this let me know.

Kerri, I use Paypal quite often and I have had no problems other than quite a while ago when I received a suspicious email from them I just sent it on the Paypal.

Here is what Paypal says to do:-

"Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com.

Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.

Delete the suspicious email from your email account.

We'll send you an email response to let you know if the email is indeed fraudulent. In the meantime, don't click on any links or download any attachments within the suspicious email."

I hope this helps.

Lib

Guest Linda S

Don't do it. I do have a Paypal account and, whenever I receive a message from them, I don't click on anything in that message. Rather, I log into my account and see if there are any messages there. 99% of the time, they are bogus, unless it's Paypal telling me I've paid for something or someone has paid me.

I make it a general rule (for me) never ever to trust any unsolicited email coming from a bank, credit card company or paypal. These are all phishing. Don't open them; send them straight to the trash can (or forward them directly to the PayPal or bank for notification purposes). A bank or Paypal or credit card company would never ever send an email asking for information or verification. They only send you mail to your home address or call you on the phone. Be very careful and cautious of the phishing. They are very clever and look legitimate but they are not. If you are unsure, always call the company to discuss. Never reply to those emails. delete.

Yep I agree with what others have said on here. Most Paypal emails are scams. They do this because a lot of people and businesses use Paypal so it's an easy target for scammers. I think the real Paypal is a great way to pay for items and receive money but be careful.

Archived