My last two weeks. A Tie quilt

Dell,

I've had difficulties with feather from the beginning. We can't seem to get along--the feathers and I. You have given me inspiration with your photo of the feathers on the Golden Threads paper. I'm going to try it . . . I think.;) Thank you very much for sharing that technique--a picture is worth a thousand words.

Anette

Hey Dell, I really like the Tie Quilt. I've been fascinated with them ever since I saw my first one made by a lovely lady only 92 years young, from Colorado. There are so many different design variations. I love them all. Plus your quilting makes the ties stand out. Beautiful job on the quilting, and Alice did a wonderful design and the 4 generations who so lovingly collected the ties to make this quilt. Congratulations everyone.

Originally posted by Anette D.

Dell,

I've had difficulties with feather from the beginning. We can't seem to get along--the feathers and I. You have given me inspiration with your photo of the feathers on the Golden Threads paper. I'm going to try it . . . I think.;) Thank you very much for sharing that technique--a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thank you, Anette!

Let me tell you feathers and I were NOT feathers for a long time. On every feather I'm sayin go out and around! My feathers for the longest were "SQUARED OFF"!!! They were terrible!!! I also keep a dry erase board by my chair and while watch TV draw away! Feather after feather!!! You can do it just keep PPP!

Anette

Oh Dell, this is beautiful. I wish I had seen it about a month ago. I just got rid of a garbage bag full of old ties I had been given, thinking, I don't know what I'll ever do with these. I'm not really a fan of crazy quilts but I love this. Going into my favorites. Thanks for the tip on the white clover pen also.

Originally posted by LTZQLTR

Hey Dell, I really like the Tie Quilt. I've been fascinated with them ever since I saw my first one made by a lovely lady only 92 years young, from Colorado. There are so many different design variations. I love them all. Plus your quilting makes the ties stand out. Beautiful job on the quilting, and Alice did a wonderful design and the 4 generations who so lovingly collected the ties to make this quilt. Congratulations everyone.

Thank you, Debbie!!! I love the tie quilts too!

Originally posted by Bonnie in Ok

loved your pattern inspiration. Always worry about the not so great feathers that happen for me maybe this will help along with ppp.

Thanks Bonnie Keep doing the PPP!

I'm still learning how and found that using matching color thread hides lots of wobbles!!!!! Good luck!!!

Originally posted by Anette D.

Dell,

Thanks for the picture of the pinned design on the Golden Threads paper. I tried it last night and it worked. My curves could have been smoother, but I believe they will improve with practice.

Thanks again, Anette:)

Oh that is great! I 'm so happy for you. I know that feeling well when you begin to see rounded feathers instead of table tops! Keep PPP! I will too!

• 10 months later...

Archived