I used my new Bobbin-Cam to stitch out a panto from the front...

I have ordered and received my Bobbin Cam. I can't figure out where to mount the camera, especially with my extended base in place. Kevin, if you can post pictures, that would be great...or include pictures along with your instruction sheet.

If somebody...Matt, Ardelle or Kevin.. would post pictures of the lower camera mounted, that would help those of us who aren't mechanical enough to figure it out on our own. DH looked at it, but unless there are detailed instructions, with pictures, he doesn't want to mess with it. The monitor is self-explanatory...but the rest...not so much!

Not sure where/how the wires go, either.

Originally posted by quiltinchicks

Ardelle,

Is it hard with the panto to 'look ahead' for your pattern Would it still work if you were doing a really big panto? Thanks for showing it mounted on the machine and the panto on the screen!

thank you!

Yes it is a little hard to look ahead, but I think it will get easier with practice. I had a larger panto rolled out 1st, then traded it for a smaller one. After the 1st row all the sudden my rhythm kicked in and it went very well.

Originally posted by Zora

I have ordered and received my Bobbin Cam. I can't figure out where to mount the camera, especially with my extended base in place. Kevin, if you can post pictures, that would be great...or include pictures along with your instruction sheet.

If somebody...Matt, Ardelle or Kevin.. would post pictures of the lower camera mounted, that would help those of us who aren't mechanical enough to figure it out on our own. DH looked at it, but unless there are detailed, with pictures, he doesn't want to mess with it. The monitor is self-explanatory...but the rest...not so much!

Not sure where/how the wires go, either.

Yes I agree they should provide more instructions, I phoned Matt before I started and he explained. Kevin sent me request for pictures and I am planning to send him some as soon as I can, but it is Christmas...I rarely, I mean almost never use rulers so mouned it and have not checked if my extended base fits, will have to do that....I will try tomorrow...

Originally posted by ManQuilter

Pictures, video and detailed instructions now included with purchases. I am heading in to the studio right now to put some final touches on the video.

We now have BobbinCams on five machines at Sparrow Studioz. H U G E timesaver!

This is the perfect gift to give yourself two days after Christmas ;)

Sent a U2U

• 2 weeks later...

My husband just got one for me this week from Kevin for my birthday. I haven't tried it yet but have noticed that the panto feels much smaller in the front on the screen than in the back. I'm sure it will take lots of practice. I have another quilt to finish before I can get on the longarm. Can't wait to try it out though/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived