Lime Squeeze in process

WOW! Thank you all for looking and commenting!

Lynn, put on those lime green gloves and giddy-up on over!

Sylvia,

Thank you, I hope to meet you someday!

Jean,

I think it's my new favorite as well!

Dragon,

Always up for a visit, bring your tops and I will show you my longarm!

Connie,

I am using Hobbs Poly Down in this quilt and Superior Threads Sew Fine. This batting is lightweight, drapable and defines the stitching very well.

Sheri B,

I saw this background done on a quilt in Houston and just had to try it out on my quilt. It was really, really easy. I am including a link to the stencil I used. Hopefully it will take you direct to the product. I used the 1/2 spacing but have linked you to the 1" grid for easier viewing.

Basically, mark the design (I used the Marvey disappearing markers) and then just fill in the spaces with micro stippling, stitching all the line work as you go.

http://206.188.201.85/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5379

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to add my voice to the chorus here - gorgeous! Wow....I like the little glimpse we get of the out-of-block feathers in the first photo, and the way the linear shapes play against those wonderful, fluid feathers! I'm curious, though, is this a central block that we're seeing, or is it one of many?

Inquiring minds want to know!

L

:)

www.threadsinmotion.ca (<- check out this week's sale!)

Guest Linda S

Well, my cart is open at the Stencil Company right now! I imagine they'll have a run on these. What else should I get?

Sherry - you keep raising the bar. At this point, I think I can only try to jump up and touch it -- I'll never make it over!

Linda

Me too, I want to be in the class room as well. Sherry you take my breath away....I only wish I had a 16th of your talent. However, in reading the other posts, I saw your answer of which thread you used, but I am wondering if you switch threads from color to color...I wasn't sure if you carried the same thread throughout the whole quilt.

Again beautiful quilt....and holding my breath so I too won't drool on the keyboard....and can't wait to see the finished piece.

I am sure that you all know that the original quilt that this was made from is called It Ain't Easy Being Green and was made by Ronda Kae Beyer. I was fortunate enough to pattern test this by Ronda and made this last summer. LIME SQUEEZE is MY version of Ronda's quilt. Unfortunatley, I failed to mention this in my original post about the quilting of my quilt and now Ronda is quite offended. I feel horrid and always try to give credit where credit is due. I failed here, but want you all to know that it was NOT intentional. My deepest appollogies.

Hello Friends

I closed this thread after I recieved my public lashing from Ronda. I was so hurt and stunned at the time but after thinking about it and shedding quite a few tears over the loss of a friend I realized that I did nothing wrong. Had I been discussing the pattern or the piecing, credit would have been there. I thought I was done sharing my passion for quilting with others at that point but I was wrong on that note as well. I am sure you all have seen Ronda's quilt and have enjoyed her expertise as much as I have. However this quilt is mine, I pieced it, I own it and I am going to finish quilting it. I will continue to share pictures of the progress in the meantime.

So there you have it, let the lime green comments flow!

Hi Bonnie

I am using 2 thread colors, a green and a white.

Hope you came up for air! (wink)

Originally posted by Bonnie

However, in reading the other posts, I saw your answer of which thread you used, but I am wondering if you switch threads from color to color...I wasn't sure if you carried the same thread throughout the whole quilt.

Again beautiful quilt....and holding my breath so I too won't drool on the keyboard....and can't wait to see the finished piece.

Sherry,

I also read the public tongue-lashing you (unfairly) received... and I just wanted to tell you that I (along with 99% + of everyone else) know that her internet list post was simply out of line. I do remember when you posted pics of her original quilt on the same internet list... and you did indeed give her full credit for the piecework and pattern design... I believe she was also quite pleased with your quilting as well!!!

None-the-less, I'm so glad you didn't let her unjustified post stop you from sharing your work with us "less-talented" quilters!! :P:cool:

You have done an amazing job with the quilting on this one!! I am personally tucking these ideas in my brain for my own future use!!!

Sooooo.... if you happen to see pics of my future quilts..... Where maybe I might have "borrowed" an idea or two from your quilt pics---- You won't publically post a scathing, sarcastic message to me.... will you????? :P:D:P

*LOL!!!!* *LOL!!!!*

Archived