Glide Thread Wear and Tear

I bought a couple of cones and magna bobbins of Glide this week to test out and possible use for a baby's quilt . I tested it out last night and it was wonderful to work with, so far I really like it. It keeps breaking on top, but I think I may have a burr or something. I will be working on that this weekend.

Anyway, how does this thread wash and dry? Will it be ok for a baby's quilt that will be washed and dried often, with no special requirements?

Guest Linda S

Glide is one of the strongest and prettiest threads I use. Indeed, you must have a burr or a tension problem that is causing the thread to break. I've not had any breakage problems whatsoever with it. Several items I have quilted with it have been washed and dried repeatedly and I've had no problem with them holding up.

I use exclusively magna glide bobbins, and the thread washes up wonderfully. It sews with any thread I've thrown at it. I've used glide on top but I only have white as I have way to much top threads. When they go I will be replacing ith more glide. I've used for baby quilts as well as toddlers. Just wonderful all around thread.

Guest Linda S

My very favorite is Glide with the magna glide bobbins, but I've used the magna quilt and cairo quilt threads also. Both the regular and delight bobbins are fabulous. I haven't wound a bobbin since I tried these -- they give you the very best tension!

Archived