Quilts for Christmas

Every year it seems like I make and give at least one quilt for Christmas. This year's lucky reciever is my husband. I made him a quilt out of Philadelphia Eagles Fabric. He loves the Eagles. He has been asking me for at least a year to make him one, so I finally did. He is going to be so suprised.

So who are you making a quilt for this Christmas.

I'm making a "snuggle" quilt for each of my four grandchildren. Complete with matching pillowcases and a new pillow. The quilts are ending up about 66x72 or so. Had plans of getting them done for the adults but I'll be working till midnight Christmas Eve to finish these. :P I swear, come January 1st I'm going to start on NEXT years Christmas projects.:P:P Where have I heard that one before? Anyway, I have two completely pieced and the pillowcases made, so I need to finish the other two and get the pillowcases done. Oh, and then get them quilted and bound. Somehow or other that thing called "LIFE" keeps getting in the way of my best laid plans!

Hi Everyone,

I usually make at least one quilt for someone each Christmas, too. This year I made a football quilt for my son-in-law. Sewsweet, - he is an Eagles fan, too. (We live in Philadelphia.) Tim's quilt is not an "Eagles" quilt, but more of a generic football quilt from a quilt book I purchased called "Quilting for the Men In Your Life" by Pearl Louise Krush. It is 66" X 76".

I also made a 90" X 90" log cabin quilt for my son, Andrew. It is a "Quilt In A Day" by Eleanor Burns.

I made numerous Christmas wall hangings for family gifts, and a lucky friend, too.

Merry Christmas!

Sandy

If all goes as planned, I will finish up three between now and Christmas. I am making one for my sister using School Girl's puzzle blocks. 4 20 " blocks with two outer borders for a bed quilt. The colors are burgandy, green, and cream print. Plan to cut the fabric tomorrow.

I am finishing the one for my father. I don't have much left to do on that one.

And I'm hoping to get a pineapple star made for my mother in pink, yellow, white, and floral print. Fabric bought, just need to get started.

Now, whether or not I get those done or not depends on if any customers call me between now and Christmas. So far I haven't done one customer quilt in December.

Last night, My Sister Deb asked me if she could have a simple whole-cloth quilt for Christmas, king size. & I was planning to make one for my Son & DIL for their new bedroom in their new house, Plus I owe A quilt to my older sister Anna, because she's next on the list.

Isn't it great to be LOVED, ;)

I have to get this reno done first, so we'll see. :D

What do you think are their chances. :P

My husbands older sister asked me to make her son an Oakland Raiders quilt for Christmas. She checked out their website and they want a small fortune for what they call a comforter! I designed the top about three months, pieced and quilted in one week. I am working on copyrighting the overall pattern design. I honestly didn't think that i had it in me! Black and white pattern using Raiders novelty fabric I got almost a year ago. (when i find raiders fabric i pick up several yards at a time-it's hard being a fan of the Raiders and live in the state of the Denver Broncos!)

So to answer the question-Scott Jr is getting an Auntie original this year for Christmas!

Every year I make my sister a Penguin quilt. One was appliqued penguins in swim trunks and beach umbrellas with snowy sky and ice ground, one was a BOM pieced with blocks of diving penguins, dancing penguins. This year was bluework penguins with embroidery designs from embroidery library. She has a whole room decorated in just penguins.

I am finishing the last 2 of 6 grandkids twin size quilts for Christmas. I have a king size quilt for myself started that I would love to have on the bed by new year's eve, but the border isnt on yet and it consist of over 350 triangles. I do get a long week off work so its still a possibility.

Norece - I love that idea! Giving the quilts to him - he better keep them,

and then you can too!!

Teresa - I want to see a photo of that pineapple star quilt when you get

that one done - sounds really nice!

I need to get started on one that I am going to make for my husbands

biker group - they are going to auction it off - or a raffle or something in

January sometime. So I have awhile yet to get that done.

Archived