Oooos and Ahs!

I think nothing is as rewarding to this quilter as when I hear the the O's and Ahs from other quilters when I show my finished quilt. They erase all the grumbles and groans over seams that won't match, borders that are waving at me and those D cups! lol Definite vindication for all the above!! Thanks everyone! :D:cool:

I agree, it is so nice to hear the positive comments. With that being said, I have not shown anything at guild for a long time, because of no comments, or the negative comments. The negative comments come from a very small group, who do not even have a longarm. I know that they can not do what I do on my machine, but shouldn't you say something nice or nothing at all.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

a series of picts showing the process from getting the quilt top, the measuring, looking for D cups, to trimming threads, making sure the backing is large enough, the loading, getting and loading the batting, and squaring it to the quilt back, then putting the top on, show all the rolling the quilt back and forth if you do that..

Show part of quilting process, and different areas, the tools you use, etc.. till it's done, including binding half binding.

Number them and put on a poster board and share that at the meetting. Also list about how long it takes, totally or if you want to spend that much, time each step and print that on the bottom of each pick.

Good idea Rita. Your suggestion would be real eye opener for the "non-longarmers" who really have no concept of the whole process.

I am always surprised by people who criticize when they have no idea what they're

talking about.

I also was taught that if I didn't have anything good to say...don't say anything. Taught that to my children too.

Thanks Carol.. Once I said that I decided to do exactly that with my next quilt.. Many in the guild are complimentary, but unknowing. I will use inexpensive regular paper for the photos. Wish I could stick a poster in my purse to show those who are shocked at a cheap price, much lower than should be charged. Might open their eyes.

I haven't had time to piece anything of my own for awhile but one of my customers took a quilt I quilted for her to a meeting and I got 3 new customers from that show and tell. That was worth a lot to me.

Rita thank you for the tips. Those are great ideas you shared for future show and tell.

I love seeing all the beautiful quilts shared on here. I hope to share some of my work one of these days. My DH is learning how to design web pages so now I know how to resize photos so I can post.

Originally posted by Bekah

I haven't had time to piece anything of my own for awhile but one of my customers took a quilt I quilted for her to a meeting and I got 3 new customers from that show and tell. That was worth a lot to me.

Rita thank you for the tips. Those are great ideas you shared for future show and tell.

I love seeing all the beautiful quilts shared on here. I hope to share some of my work one of these days. My DH is learning how to design web pages so now I know how to resize photos so I can post.

I recently sat at our local community college during our Senior Week to sell raffle tickets on our newest guild quilt. We got many wonderful remarks on the quilt and lots of quilting questions. Out of this I also received a commission to finish a wall hanging for an outgoing teacher. It's amazing how many people out there have stories about some relatives that were quilters and other people looking for someone to quilt their tops for them. You just never know where an opportunity will pop up.

Rite, I love your suggestions too!

Archived