Paducah--Thursday evening at Pizza Inn

For those who can be there----

We have the back room at Pizza Inn Thursday evening from 5 to 6:30. The address is: 1001 Joe Clifton Drive. They are in front of the main entrance to Noble Park (on Park Avenue) on the opposite side of Dairy Queen. You can see it from the red light. They do not serve alcohol, but have a fabulous buffet which includes everything but your drink for $7.49.

Just tell the hostess you are with the APQS longarm group.

Hope to see you there!

Yes Ani, please bring your friends! I'm sure everybody would love to meet them and who knows, they may just leave "future longarm quilters!"

Ann Marie, I'm not aware of anything on Wednesday evening. I have a class that night. I'll look forward to meeting you at the APQS booth at noon though!

Oh that sounds great! I'll check to see if we can get there!

I'm so excited to get to go to Paducah, and to spend the week with my sister as well as hopefully meet some of you all!!! I've been quilting up a storm so I'll have some $$ in my pocket! YAY! See you soon!

Virginia, I'll be there! I hope to have Francine (penelopefabric) and Shannon (doodlebug) with me. And yes, Irene is in Paducah and she is now an APQS rep so we'll find her working all week in the booth.

It is easy finding your way around Paducah and even I don't get myself too lost. :D Pick up a map, mark Hancocks of Paducah and the Robert Cherry Civic Center, both on the same street (Hinkleville Road on the west, renamed Park Ave. on the east.) The dairy queen is on Park Ave near the Robert Cherry Civic Center and Pizza Inn is behind the Dairy Queen. (I think I've got that right!)

One of the best things about going to a show is getting together with our forum friends and I hope to see many of you next week!

Hi Virginia! I'm really looking forward to seeing you and Caroline again too.

Bobbi- can't wait to meet you! I've drooled over the photos of your beautiful quilts for years now.

Well shoot Rita! I was hoping you and himself would be there too. Maybe we'll meet at the APQS booth.

Ann Marie I'm getting pretty excited too! See you soon!

Hey everybody, dont forget the Finkle Bldg downtown==The AQS has their books in the back room all for $5 each and vendors in the front of the bldg. The fun starts on Monday, thats when we will be going downtown and begin the rounds of vendors so if anyone is in town let us know!!! The fun starts waaayyy before the quilt show as soon as vendors arrive and set up.....Tues is Mall day and visiting vendors at the mall and Cherry center.... and lunch and more shoppping.....and preview night and awards..... and fun, fun, fun.... let us know if you are in town... The museum will be having the silent auction going on and Fabric Frenzy again where for 10.00 you stuff a bag as full as you can with fabric. Hi Virginia: I'm still here and look forward to seeing you again, it's been too long! I look forward to meeting all the people on this forum. Rita, are you sure you cant make it here??

The Cherry Civic Center has Antique Quilts, Vendors and the Hoffman Challenge. It is on Park Ave. Near Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day tent and Sales at the park. The fabric frenzy at the museum is a bag sale of how much fabric you can stuff in a bag for 10.00 sponsored by Moda I think it is on Fri but not sure of the day or time . Check at the museum. and get there early. They have really nice fabric and it goes fast. Someone told me she found if you roll your fabric into tubes you get a lot of fabric into your bag instead of just stuffing, hint, hint....

Originally posted by ReisingStarQuilts

The Cherry Civic Center has Antique Quilts, Vendors and the Hoffman Challenge. It is on Park Ave. Near Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day tent and Sales at the park. The fabric frenzy at the museum is a bag sale of how much fabric you can stuff in a bag for 10.00 sponsored by Moda I think it is on Fri but not sure of the day or time . Check at the museum. and get there early. They have really nice fabric and it goes fast. Someone told me she found if you roll your fabric into tubes you get a lot of fabric into your bag instead of just stuffing, hint, hint....

Oh wow yes ! Rolling fabric works wonderfully - I always roll my fabric when I pack the suitcase to get it back to UK :D Amazing how much fits in.

(And I have even been known to leave my clothes with a buddy to bring over with them the next time they visit me ........ gives me more room in the suitcase for all my goodies!! hehehehe)

- Ani

Originally posted by anicatt

Originally posted by ReisingStarQuilts

Oh wow yes ! Rolling fabric works wonderfully - I always roll my fabric when I pack the suitcase to get it back to UK :D Amazing how much fits in.

(And I have even been known to leave my clothes with a buddy to bring over with them the next time they visit me ........ gives me more room in the suitcase for all my goodies!! hehehehe)

- Ani

I have this vision of Ani going through the airport wearing 5 pairs of pants, 5 shirts, 5 socks.... just to have room in her suitcase for the fabric she buys!

*** I have this vision of Ani going through the airport wearing 5 pairs of pants, 5 shirts, 5 socks.... just to have room in her suitcase for the fabric she buys! ***

Angela - I have my packing down to a fine art and won't be wearing 5 pairs of anything - I only usually take a max of 3 - one to wear, one to wash, one to dry ....... hehehehe

- Ani

Archived