4" - brown

4" - green

3" - green #2

3 3/4" - green #3

3 1/8" - braid

2 3/4" - cream

4" - cream #2

2 7/8"-- cream #3

The quilt is huge. I know what I am gonna do on and around the dogwood flower and background. But good Lord, what do I do with all the borders! She wants semi custom so I am thinking I should combine some of the borders. I was thinking of doing the outer 3 borders as 1 and doing large feathers?????

any suggestions, drawings or pictures are so greatly appreciated.

First pic is the borders and second post will be the center. I don't have enough room to get a pic of the entire quilt.

Thank you!!!

post--13461908435617_thumb.jpg

I haven't done any of these and am a newbie but my first impression was perhaps to find a large pattern that that has balanced designs within it that would fall within each border of say four at one time. To kind of incorperate four of the green and then something seperate for the striped one and then somthing to use all of the three on the end. Don't know if it would work but just a thought!

I'm with Nancy on this, treat the 3 outer borders as 1 with a rolling feather or a big feather meander, alternatively, divide the space into big triangles (longest edge to the outside) and put a triangle motif in each.

The braid is the standout, I think I'd sid the outer edges and the centre zig zag.

Then treat the 3 green borders as 1, maybe something leafy, the purple runs into the flower, so maybe sid between green and purple and treat all the purple areas the same.

Beautiful quilt, have fun and don't stress.

Archived