Web Site?

Pam C

Pam: I am not real sure how much, if any, the web site has increased my business. It is a great reference tool though. When someone calls, instead of trying to explain the pricing structure and different types of quilting, I can refer them to the web page. There are few quilters who contact me simply because they've seen the web page. Most are referrals or they have seen something I have already done.

But, for a basic website like I have, the cost is so low that it is worth it for me to keep it. If I were having to pay someone to build and maintain the site, (it would probably look a whole lot better!) but I doubt I would find it to be cost effective.

• 6 years later...

Pam,

I forgot to mention, but if you are looking for a really good web designer, I can give you the contact information for the guy that is helping me with my website. His name is Oliver and he is just the sweetest most patient man I've ever worked with. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to all this internet stuff and he explains everything in terms I can understand. I think you might be able to contact him through the Pixieblu link at the bottom of my website.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do.

Wow - where did this oldie goldie come from? I get a lot of people who call and tell me they loved the pictures on my website, so they decided to call me to do their quilt. I think it's worthwhile.

Wow - where did this oldie goldie come from?[/quilt]

If a spammer posts in an old thread, then it gets brought to the top, and I think XMB is such that it stays at the top even if the new post is deleted. That being said, it's actually oddly convenient, because people who haven't been on the board that long get to see them without digging through mountains of posts.

Archived