Can anyone reccomend some audio books?

I've started listening to books on a cd player while I work and it's really helping keep me on track and get stuff done (including watering the garden, which takes an hour, ugh!)

I have enjoyed a series of Amish fiction but I've finished the last one. Listened to a couple of biographies too. Not much on science fiction or scary mysteries, but most all else is good.

So what are some of your favorite authors to listen to?

I love audio books! I listen on my Iphone all the time and you are right, it saves so much time because you can do mindless chores while "reading" and I get so much more from the books by having them read to me. I love Audible.com and can download books anytime and they have really good sales on them too. If you like series books, Jennifer Chevineri has some great fiction ones about quilting, and I like Marie Bostwick too. For some good romance stories, Riobyn Carr has a great series. I love historical fiction and some mysteries. I especially love autobiographies, and have listened to a lot of those. Condi Rice's book was very interesting and informative. I could go on all day about reading! And since I've discovered audio, I read constantly because I can quilt and read at the same time.

I love audio books for the same reasons. I clean house, drive, exercise, cook...all while "reading." I listen to a lot of murder mysteries (think its a carry over from my previous profession), but there are some out there that are more light-hearted than scary. For example, the Alphabet mysteries by Sue Grafton. I've been reading her books since she started with "A is for Alibi" and have loved them all. She's almost done with the alphabet now and it will be sad to see them go.

Another fun mystery set is Stephanie Plum's series.

The Outlander series is really long but very good as well.

I don't know if these are available in audio, but they are in digital.

A Stray Drop of Blood, and Jewel of Persia by Roseanna White

and Solomon's Puzzle by Loris Nebbia Check on Amazon for them or let me know and I can contact the authors--I have actually met them both. They are friends of my daughter.

What program's are you using to down load Audio Books? I had Nero 9 and let my sub run out and now they tell me they( Audio Books )do not use any other Nero. I am very flusterated. I have been a member for years and have books ready to down load and can't.

Thanks for the help.

Check with your local library, I can browse their selection, download directly to my computer or iPad both audio and digital books. They have a 14 or 21 day return, and they are removed from your list, but you don't have to make a trip to take them back or worry about late fees. Best of all, they are all free!

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet is a really great book. He is known by another genre but these are historical fiction. Great "read". Over 40 hrs long but I couldn't wait to get to work to listen to more of it. Water for Elephants is out on audio, the Hunger Games is also. I think you get so much more from a book than a movie. Also The Help. Lots more out there........ I agree about the Outlander series too.

Guest Linda S

I use Audible for my audiobooks. I have a subscription for two books a month at about $24. I've suspended it for a while because my library is over-flowing and I need to get caught up on listening. I had a couple of surgeries along the way and, all I would do is fall asleep while listening, so I got backed up a bit. Audible often has free selections available for subscribers, so you get a lot more for your monthly fee than just your chosen number of books. I have a free recording of Tim Curry reading Dickens's A Christmas Carol, which is really good. I like P.D. James, Wilke Collins, Jane Austen, Kate Wilhelm, Janet Evanovich, and Alexander McCall Smith (the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency series is REALLY good).

Archived