Best color for sewing room

jakrnsewing

Hello I am building a new house with two seperate areas one for my main piecing and sewing and the other for my longarm. Does anyone have any color suggestions for wall colors? I want something uplifting not to bright but not to deep.. Any pic of your spaces would be great ....Both areas will have alot of natural light with nice big windows...thanks Jackie

You need to pick colors with which YOU are comfortable! Any pastel to mid-tone color should work perfectly for you (first 3 or 4 colors on the paint fan...)

The room you are planning to use for piecing/sewing should be more neutral I would think, because you may be choosing colors there and any strong hue could throw your 'vision' off.

Be sure to consider the variety of "color enhancing" light options now available when you choose your light fixtures and bulbs/tubes.

I actually repainted using a soft, egg-shell white. The first color was fighting with my fabrics. Kathy has given some pretty good advice. I'm much happier with the white and I like the brighter room. I don't have to use so much light and can "see" colors and designs much better.

It's awesome that you'll have the room you need for both! Best of luck!

Guest Linda S

I heard all sorts of stuff about how the color of your room could affect your piecing. Not true at all, especially if you have any of the true color lights in your room. Paint your studio whatever color you would like it to be and enjoy your time in it to the max! :D

Linda

• 3 months later...

I love color! Every room in our new house is a different color or multiple colors! It's wonderful to live in brilliant color!

My sewing room already has lots of colorful fabric and patterns. So I chose off-white trim, antique white painted walls and a mostly off-white short, plush carpet with a floral print pattern for floor cover. (Loose pins stay on top of the carpet and stray threads are not as obvious on the print).

However, if I had chosen a "color"...it would have been one that made me feel happy...maybe my favorite color...in a light shade.;)

• 2 months later...

Archived