I am VENTING !!!

Our quilt group is having our annual Quilt Show/Country Store during the County Fair in a couple of weeks. I took an ad to the paper to advertise and thank the community for past patronage, etc. etc. I asked for a "quilty" frame around it. She told me that had a couple to choose from. Well, I just received an e-mail with a proof of the ad and she put a CHRISTMAS frame around it ! I called her and said the ad looked great, but it had a CHRISTMAS frame and not a Quilty frame, thinking MAYBE someone just hit the wrong button??? She said "well, I chose the Christmas frame because when I have been to 'these things' before, there were Christmas items there" . DUH???? I said this is a Quilt Show at the County Fair in JULY and has nothing to do with CHRISTMAS!" So, I am waiting to see what frame she comes up with next. This ad wasn't free by any means and it makes me so angry that she took it upon herself to choose the frame when I asked for something Quilty !:mad::mad:

My sympathy, Linda! You'd think with all the other means of advertising they would be super-careful to get it right!

I love newspaper typos! You find most of them in the classifieds--hilarious words that almost hit the mark. My fave was years ago when someone advertised a free dog, calling it a Datsun/yorkie mix. All I could think of was a small hairy dog with wheels!:D

Many people have absolutely no idea what "quilting" is! Remember the Quilted Northern toilet pape ad where the little ladies were sitting around....knitting??? It took them several months, and I suspect several hundred (thousand?) complaints before they finally fixed it!

Glad they finally have this figured out for you!

Guest Linda S

Having placed a lot of ads in my time, I've learned to take "camera ready" art to the publisher. That way, I'm not disappointed in what I get.

Archived