Need Ideas, please

This quilt is next up for me, and the customer does not want E2E. She'd be OK with some sort of meander in the body of the quilt with a separate border (which we've agreed will be "S" curves with curls or another motif interspersed. It's the body that isn't talking to me. Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks in advance!

post--13461909097757_thumb.jpg

This is interesting, I am not sure some of the squares have been turned, the 4 patch squares, some of the squares the green goes horizontally, and some it goes up and down.

There are 2 different squares in this quilt, make 2 quilting designs for each block and do that, hopefully something you can connect without alot of starts and stops. CC always looks good in 4 patch or TT's.

A panto would look nice in the middle.

I also see diamonds going across the quilt, but the turned 4 patches throws that off a bit, but you could emphasis the diamonds as well.

Good luck, will look forward to seeing the completed pictures.

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

Boy that is a tough center. I would either do some tt's in the squares on point or do a feather meander in the center. I can't really pick up a true pattern. Maybe swirls in the center with a feather border. Really any panto in the center and do a separate treatment in the border as the quilter wants. When I get quilts like this I usually end up asking my customer what they see and sometimes I'm surprised.

Thanks, ladies.

Heidi, Joanne, I'm having the same trouble as you. There is a pattern, but the placement of light and dark values is really blurring it. I have the magazine that it came from and the secondary pattern of diamonds is far more prominent in the sample. The large diamonds were quilted very simply with concentric, wavy-sided diamonds, which the customer likes, but I was hoping to avoid all those stops and starts. I think I'll have to stare at this some more.

Love the colours. I think a black and white photo of this quilt might help, or even just taking a photo and loading it to my computer sometimes gives me that little spark as to what is required. What does your customer think or how does she feel the quilt flows? I just did an every day quilt for my daughter and used the Hyacynth panto in the centre and feathered the borders, came out beautifully. Good luck, work your magic! :cool:

p.s. sent you an email

Archived