Raising the wheels for the Circle Lord

circlelord

Hi,

I have heard that some are fearful of modifiying their APQS

machine with spacers to use the Circle Lord.

Any problems found at the beginning have been fixed. If there

were any problems, I am sure I would see them on this forum.

In some cases, users told me their machine ran better after

the modification. Less thread in the wheels. :)

I takes from 20 minutes to 1 hours, if the instructions

are read.

Below is a copy of a note about warranty from an earlier posting.

Cheers, Michael

"Posted on 11/30/2004 at 02:30 PM

Goodmorning All

You can all rest easy, as the Circle Lord will NOT affect your warranty on the machine you have!!!! The only thing you are altering is the height of the machine and that won't affect anything else!

Have a Great Day!!!!

Connie

APQS Service

Ckirk,

To raise the machine, you leave the machine on the

table. First you take off the wheels on one side and

then place two pieces of wood supplied to support

it while you add the spacers and replace the bolts.

Then you work on the other side and add the spacers.

The machine is then put back on the rails and the

bolts tightend. There are some more details in the manual.

Cheers,

Michael

• 3 months later...

My new toy arrived yesterday and I installed it tonight. I was a little apprehensive about raising the carriage but honestly, it was no biggie. I had more trouble getting my motorized feed back on that raising the carriage.

Michael, it was so nice visiting with both you and Kay at MQX. I am looking forward to ordering more templates. I have quite a few on my wish list!

Tomorrow I get to play!!!! Woohoo!!! This is going to be fun!

Gail

Michael,

Yesterday Gail and several others shared in the excitement of the Circle Lord. For the first time since purchasing the sytem we got out ALL of the templates. I couldn't believe everthing we had. It was a great time showing others how easy it was to creating such perfect quilting designs. Now that Gail has her system installed we plan on test driving some of the templates on her system.

( Hi Gail :D).

Best Regards,

Linda Esenbock

Guest Linda S

Woooohoooo! You kids are in for some fun now. I use my Circle Lord for lots of things. Do you have the new Featherz template? It is the BEST!! Enjoy your play time.

Linda

Linda,

When Linda E tells you she has a lot of templates, believe her! I've seen them up close and personal. I am green with envy! (Do I really have to pay my mortage? I would much rather buy templates!)

I got everything up and running but had to spent time doing blecky housecleaning before the cleaning police showed up at my door. Going back down into the dugeon in a bit to play with more designs.

This is the best thing since sliced bread! I haven't even used it yet on a quilt and I love it already.

Gail

Advice please.

My machine should arrive next Monday, 30 April. And I'll be ordering the CL this week.

After I get the frame up, should I try to put the machine and CL together at once, or put the machine together and then add the CL afterwards?

If this question sounds bogus, it's because I'm not sure of what to expect yet.

I was a bit fearful of raising the machine head too, only because I have so much work to do right now. If I screwed something up and stopped my work schedule then I'd be up a creek, so to speak, or maybe out on the lake without a motor...

Worry not. It's pretty easy, although more than one hour for me and I had to call in my husband for assistance. (That's when you know I'm really desperate!) He's more mechanically challenged than I am.

Another really neat thing for me though, besides getting to use my Circle Lord, I'm pretty tall and that lifted the machine enough to give me a break from bending over so much. One of these days I'll have to get one of those fancy lifters for the machine. :D Another whatcha-ma-callit thing.

Back to raising the machine. I did develop a wobble in the front of the machine and had to go back to the original APQS manual to see how to adjust the wheels. It had nothing to do with raising up the machine. It was only that the adjustment hadn't been done after putting the machine back on track. Another easy fix and I'm back on track.

Have tons of fun with your new CL ~~ Eva

• 1 year later...

At MQS, I purchased the CL Giant Swirlz & Square Dance, along with the stylus. Michael sent out the bolts to raise the machine head, so that there for clearance.

My question is - if I raise the machine head, will there also have to be some kind of adjustment to the leader bars?

My DH will be tackling this task this weekend, but I want to be able to let him know ALL that needs to be done, before I can use this wonderful tool!

Can this be done without the little wooden blocks mentioned in the directions?

Barbara,

Concerning the leveler bars.

APQS Circle Lord Manual Page 3.

8. The QUILT TOP and LEVELER bars have to be raised 3/8”. On older machines, raise by using longer bolts and spacers. These bolts and spacers are not supplied with the Circle Lord, but are easily available at your local hardware store.

The wooden blocks are supplied with the Circle Lord Basic set.

I will now provide them with the stylus only. They are pieces of wood 12 inches long by 1.75 inches by

.75 inches. They help in holding the machine up while changing

the bolts, if you are doing it alone. You can use some magazines or books as well.

I hope this helps.

We will be here all weekend to help 866 510 6060. We are

6 hours ahead of you.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived