dtreusch

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I slid in just under the wire, I guess. Asked at just the right time. My info:

Karol Kusmaul High school Art teacher

Bday: Christmas Eve

Block: House - any colors - 10.5" unfinished

Please sign the block and indicate your location.

I want to make a neighborhood quilt.

Address: 185 N. Meadowlark Pt

Inverness, FL 34453

I'm going to try to make as many blocks as I can in the next two weeks before school starts.

April, I believe that I am the "next to the last one" to register for this group. I sent your block out yesterday. In the information that I originally gave to Vicki I said I would like any kind of star block. However, I have had more fun doing alot of new things and have realized that I like the pinwheel block because of its variety and EASE. I have sent out 13 so far and working on 5 more for this week. So, if anyone would like to send a block to me, birthday is Jan 12, I would love a 9.5 inch pinwheel in brights and/or black.

Roxie Lutke

1040 Penny Lane in Rapid City, SD.

Karol, thank you for the fun pink and black block. I love it, what is the block's name? I finished your house block this afternoon and should be sending it in the morning. If you like houses, have you seen the book by Freddy Moran named "Freddy's House"? Great inspiration.

Roxie

It's looking like Christmas here. Thank you Linda Card for the beautiful star block with the fancy metallic gold paint that looks so rich. I appreciate the holly applique pattern too and can use it to do some filler work on my quilt.

Thank you Karol Kusmaul for the Christmas Tree block. I didn't have one for my themed quilt and love all the many fabrics you selected to make it special for me. Your house block is finished and it's a school house with three kids and a dog out front, along with some Arizona type landscaping.

Thank you Roxane Lutke for parting with one of your Laura Birch darling fabrics with cats and holly on it. Your collection by that designer must be an envy of all who see it. At camp in Flagstaff this year someone had made a quilt panel from the mermaid fabric, then used another of the same panel and raised it in relief so that the art looked three dimensional. Wish I had taken a photograph to show you. Love the mittens on my envelope. I should make a block of Christmas mittens.

Vicki

post--13461898366852_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the blocks that I have received so far. Some have names and some don't but I have the card that was sent to keep track. It is amazing how the colors just tie together from one block to the next. I have a setting in mind but didn't manage to get it on the design wall to take a picture yet.

Will have to post one at a time.

Rona in Mid-MO :-)

From Barbara Goodson

post--13461898453366_thumb.jpg

Archived