Post Birthday Block Pictures Here

dtreusch

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a picture of the blocks I've received so far. Aren't they beautiful??? I think so!!

Susan:

I have yours ready to mail out tomorrow. I also have blocks to send out tomorrow for: Caron Carlson, Annette V. Parker, Rita Kilpatrick, Markita Wilkinson, Teresa Taylor, Rebecca Martinez, Judi Olson, and Kate Meyers. If you don't receive your blocks within a week or two, please let me know. I have found out that some I sent out never made it to the birthday girls. I'd like to know if you get them or not so I can send out new ones if you never got yours.

post--13461898296119_thumb.jpg

http://ardcotemplates.com/inw.shtml

This is the web site for the Interlocking Squares block templates that Norece gave me. Love using them and love Norece.

Here's another block called Pineapple Plant done in 8.5" for Pam Nagle and April Wright. Decided that I liked the fabric so much, I just had to make two of them. Hey, it's twins day!

Keep remembering, if you are getting discouraged by the lack of response, that giving something to someone is the joy in life. I've approached this as an exercise in expanding my knowledge about quilting and I haven't done it all by myself. Your pictures have shown me some new ideas. Ever wondered what some of your stash would look like in a block? By participating in this exchange, we are learning and the ultimate reward will be knowledge. Plus look at all the friends we have gained.

There is a phrase that 20% of any organization does 80% of the work. However, in this group of quilters the percentage is much higher and we are a fantastic group. Some folks have said that they are behind and that's okay. There is no firm deadline. Just keep plugging along.

Those of you who have received blocks, please send a thank you if you haven't yet. Also please put the person that gave you a block to the top of the list for making a block in return.

My father's good advice to me was "choose your commitments wisely so that you can do them justice". Let's stick to this program and send a block to whomever sent you a block. Anybody need some glue stick?

Vicki

post--13461898300705_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to say Thank You to Teresa Taylor (Chickenscratch) and April Wright for the B-day Blocks I received today. They will go very well with the others I have already received....I get soooooooo excited when I get "squishies" in the mail:D Thanks girls!

Thank you to Kate for the generous several-blocks-in-one red and gold block. That's the biggest one I have! The colors are wonderful with each other.

Thank you to April for the holiday greetings block on the right with the red and green design. The center points are remarkable and I love how it reminds me of a pinwheel.

Thank you Roxie for the darling snowman riding a raindeer. That's a really cute print for the center and the star gold fabric coordinates like they were destined to be matched.

Hope all of you have added Roxie to your list of exchange participants.

Thank you Norece for the beautiful card. Your sentiments are much appreciated.

Vicki

Officially, the new enrollment is now closed with the addition of two more participants. It seems the right time for this step since we have been doing the program for eight months having started in December 2006 and have only about four more months to finish.

Please plan to complete your blocks or at least reciprocate to those who sent you blocks well before Thanksgiving so that this task doesn't interfere with the holidays.

Norece Embody joins Carol Hillary and Ami Kretzel with having completed blocks for all those on the list. Congratulations! You are to be admired for your accomplishment and applauded by all of us. Kudos!

If you are on track for matching their accomplishment you should have completed approximately 44. There is only one more month left of summer and Labor Day will be upon us. It's time to kick it up a notch. ;) Make a block for yourself and post it where you can see it. Make your block the last block goal for completing the program. Seeing your birthday block will remind you of your obligation to get these exchanges made and posted in the next four months.

Good luck with your blocks. It's great to see so many people's collections and to hear of your activity in this fabulous program.

Vicki

Archived