Post Birthday Block Pictures Here

dtreusch

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barb,

Don't take your name off the list. Just take your time. My birthday is in May, but I don't care if I get my blocks in December. Whenever they arrive is fine with me, and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Just make 2 or 3 a month and send them out when you have time. Nobody's feelings will be hurt, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Judi for the darling Christmas block. It really does a good job of marrying the various colors of other blocks. The Santa focus fabric is a nice touch for the middle and the blue star fabric against a snowy day light blue reminds me of winter.

Nice pictures Jeanne. The update is such a great idea. With the next block I'll do that too.

Vicki

post--13461898055191_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After hours of frustration I finally figured out how to resize a photo on a Mac !!! I feel like I've jumped a huge hurdle. Thanks go to Mary Beth for her great encouragement and to Vicki (dancing stitcher) for her explicit instructions posted way back on 3/27 2007. Here goes.........

Great job of posting your photos Valerie and they are a good size too. It would seem that you have the most blocks at fifteen. It's a nice collection.

I'm wondering how we are doing with the birthday block program. I haven't seen a lot of postings and I personally haven't had a block in three weeks. You all didn't fall asleep out there, did you? In order to keep enthusiasm up, and encourage each other, let's become more active. It would be a shame to have this great program die on the vine. Let's get crackin'.

Vicki

I have sent out all blocks up to July. I think i will work on some Novemebr thats a big month.

I think I only have 56 on my list not 66, can you send me a current list so I can compare the two I was hoping to make one for everyone.

I have fun making them guessing what someone wants is really fun and it is fun to see the blocks together. Its kinda interesting how they do go together,

After much trouble at the post office, I got all the May ladies blocks sent out last week. The lady at the post office said I had to pay .12 cents extra per letter because they will need to hand stamp them. They never did this before. I was told the letters with cards will eat up their machines, because they are too stiff. She was feeling for the cards in them. anyway, they should be ariving soon. Happy Birthday May ladies. :):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have actually been working on blocks for the last few days too. I have 7 to go in the mail today and 3 more at home to be sewn together. It was really a matter of digging in my stash to find colors...I may have to go shopping for civil war colors though.

Archived