HELP SKINNING!!!!!!!

I need all the information I can get on best way to skin a quilt. Never had to before. SHORT ON TIME. I need to know best tools and exactly how to use them with lots of details. The stitches are smaller and making using a ripper very slow. My tension was awful and everything needs to come out. I have it off the frame now.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cheryl;

When I have little nicks, I put a pin next to it so I can find it, then when I am finished "skinning", I take a tiny piece of fusible stabilizer and fuse over from the backside. On the front, if there are stray threads, I use a tiny dab of Fray Check. Skinning is no fun, and unfortunately, sometimes there are unintended victims!!

I think someone needs to post a tutorial with pictures on this. People with different methods could add to it so we could all learn from it. NOT that this is something I desire to have to learn but into each life a little (lot) of rain must fall. I have really benefitted from everyone's help. I'm almost halfway done. My eyes get tired and we are also busy picking corn. Trying to make this deadline is getting stressful.

Archived