Watching Armadillo with my Coffee

Looks like I have a new friend in my back yard. She is gathering leaves and taking them to her nest. She's a huge armadillo, obviously about to pop with babies. I watched her go in and out from under the barn this morning building for hours.

Some things are so cool in the country. Somethings aren't (like field mice) but I love it.

What a nice way to start your retirement...sitting back enjoying a cup of coffee...good for you!!

An armadillo!!! How exotic that sounds to me!!! We only have them in zoos around here.....

Have fun and enjoy.........how warm would it be in Texas this time of year???

Sandra

I too thought the armadillo had your coffee! They are really strange creatures. Did you know that they have 4 identical babies................learned that little tidbit in college when I was at a field station with my Professor who studied birds. There was somethere that was studing armadillos and he had a tame on as a pet. He was shareing all kinds of armadillo facts. That was back in Florida.

Did you know they have 4 babies...all same sex. That they can stay "fertile" for months..even after delivering a litter...Did you know that they did heck out of my lawn! I had a friend who lived in Peru and the kids play with the babies as pets. He said they are really cute...born pink, hairless, and will follow you around like a little pig when you have one of those on the bottle...(Nothing cuter than baby animals.....AHEM! of which I

will announce here I just a new little baby llama born.."Flopsy"...one ear hangs ~ at an angle...white with one little black spot. So precious! And Ma Ma LLa Ma SO PROUD! (Her name is "SWEET LIPS"...(No, I didn't name her after John Mitchell!) lol. Good morning John...

We've moved and what a mess. We made a deal...Bob would go and pack and I would stay at the new house and UNPACK...he says...You'll have a time unpacking that stuff from your studio...I just kind of stuck it in boxes...Oh! Really!

I have one wall to hang paper/border on today and then.....watch out...He said there was probably another pickup load over at the old house yet.

I haven't been on here for months...broke my arm, the move, a flare-up of

the disease I have (Scleroderma), computer on the fritz...and now a NEW computer...having a time learning all of it. Also will have to re-learn the quilting machine....Oh, I dread that.:(And then I have to play "Ketchup" with all of you and what you've been doing for the last year....ML

Fun to start the day with you ladies. But I can't stay to chat. Have guests upstairs who arrived from CA last night. Of course, we stayed up and gabbed all night but I'm up bright (starry bright, sun's not up yet!) and early to finish up a customer quilt before I get started on the ones they brought with them to have done this weekend. ~~Hope they know to help themselves to the coffee maker. ~~Hope they know they're going to be the weekend babysitters as well. :P They'll figure that out in about another hour when the little whirlwind gets up!

We'll see how things go but our plans so far are to power out at least one of the quilt tops today. Tomorrow we'll head up to an early service at my church, then over to Sisters for some more fun shopping.

Peace. ~~ Eva H.

We have armadillos here. In fact my MIL came from Iowa and said that she would love to see one alive - most of ours are road kill....anyway not 30 seconds went by and one jumped off the media and onto the highway in front of us....nose to the ground, running just about as fast as his little, tiny, legs would take him. We all got a laugh out of that.

There was also the time at the lake when I needed to go to the little house out back....only we don't have a house so it is a bush...at midnight. I heard something running very fast through the woods and just though it was some crazed animal that I had stirred up...But the running sound was getting closer and closer and there are some things that you just can't stop in mid stream. I screamed and my DH came running with a light. There was an armadillo running full speed right toward me and he was not stopping. That will wake you up!!

Tammie,

I got such a kick out of first reading your subject line, I thought I read "Amaretto in my coffee", quite obviously I need to drink some!:P

Glad you are off to a beautiful morning enjoying the everyday simple pleasures of nature!:)

Drink some of that "Amaretto -Armadillo Coffee";) for me!

Great photos, Grammie Tammie! Thanks for sharing your Armadillo mama with us. I just love watching animals in their natural surroundings doing their daily life things. Whenever I am down and out and a little bummed about something (usually small and really not a big deal), all I need to do is sit back, look out the window or sit outside and watch the animals in nature and it gets me centered again. I even have a 40 gallon aquarium in my living room. Just watching my fishies swimming around makes me smile and my "troubles" seem to melt away. :) Shana

Archived