NQR - Looks like we are in for a storm!

we also got spared the worst of it. we just have rain and some wind, but our power is on!

my sister & her hubby live on brigantine island, it is one of the barrier islands off the coast of new jersey. last year, they evacuated for irene, and it was a waste of time. this year they decided to stay put. what a mistake. with only 6 houses between her and the beach, they're stranded in some serious flooding. the dog can't even go outside. no power. no way out either, since the cars were flooded, too. she is keeping her cell turned off to conserve power. i got a brief call this morning to let me know she was ok - and was figuring out what to do next. she said it is a real mess down there.

dd lives in north jersey, and i can't reach her yet this morning. last night they had no power but she lives in a hi-rise apartment building, so i'm assuming she is ok. :wacko:

i have an aunt who also lives in north jersey, and many cousins. i have gotten reports that they are all ok, but no power and stranded also.

please keep them, and all the victims, in your prayers today.

I'm here in Southwest Pennsylvania, not too far north of the border with West Virginia. I thought we would get only wind and rain. Instead, we got snow. We have about four inches and it is still snowing. We heard that WV got over a foot. Surprisingly, we did not have the high winds they were predicting. I have Internet (obviously) but not Dish TV. I'll bet the dish on the roof is clogged with heavy wet snow. My prayers go to those in real danger. We heard via telephone that NYC has a fire that cannot be controlled. I'm going on an Internet search to find out if that is true or not.

We had rain and high winds, but no problems. The power went out briefly last night at 10 and at 2 am, I know because our doorbell rings when the power goes off. It started doing that two years ago after we got a new kitchen and we just haven't done anything about it. It's kind of like a smoke alarm. We've had downed trees and flood watches in the area, but compared to NJ and NY it's nothing. Prayers go out to all those affected. I hope our forum friend, Lisa from NJ and her family are fine.

Archived