Woohoo first quilt design to be published

Popular Patchwork Magazine are going to publish a pattern I designed. I am so excited. They asked for a simple bed quilt using the Ombre range of fabrics. It got a bit hectic (they didn;t really have a deadline then it was a week away), but it will be out next month.

I've put the pictures up on my blog now, the magazine said it was OK to tell people all about it now. It's kinda wierd, I didn't expect this to be happening, but I think I like it :)

Ferret

I have fallen in love with this quilt and have printed out a copy and attached it to my calendar so I'll remember to buy the magazine and the pattern. It is absolutely MY kind of quilt. Thank you so much for sharing this...and congratulations on being such a great designer.

Ferret,

I really like your quilt and the story behind the challenge to make it all work. I think it's cool to learn how a design came together behind the scenes, and all the challenges that happened to design a pattern. I like it when the pattern magazines put a story describing this along with the pattern. Thanks for sharing.

PS: I noticed you followed the ROY G. BIV (exact sequence of color spectrum in the rainbow from largest to smallest wavelength) many people get the order of those colors and that sequence mixed up. I learned way, waaaaay back in the 7th grade that the color spectrum is the name of a man: "ROY G. BIV" = Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet, and I've never fogotten the color spectrum sequence, even after all these years...LOL!! :D Through association, some of the silliest things we will never forget...

Congrats on your published pattern. It's nice!

Shana

Congratulations on your quilt design and magazine publication. It is very nice and I really like the way you quilted it.

I also read and enjoyed your desicription of how you put together your "Bridge" quilt. I jsut love everything about it. The techinque is very intriguing and something I would enjoy trying myself. Your compositing is just wonderful and the finished quilt has wonderful impact

Thanks guys. I can never forget the colours of the rainbow, I was taught Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain to remember it. Also I loved optics in my time as an Astrophysist, I would be shot for not knowing the spectrum.

I wrote the instructions for the magazine, though I believe they have been rewritten somewhat. It will be interesting to see what they changed. Hopefully I will learn something about writing patterns from what they do with the instructions.

Ferret

OH My! the magazine and fabric wholesaler who commisioned this one want another. Only slight drawback is I have to have it made by the 16th of Feb!

I guess it means they are pleased so that is good, and I love what they want next so I had to say yes :) I guess I must like pressure!

Very very excited

Ferret

Ferret. To say I am impressed with your work is to say a falsehood. I AM COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY!!! You are an inspiration, no doubt about it, and I'm very glad to be on the same website with you. Here's to you and your fabulous artwork! "May your sorrows be patched and your joys be quilted," and may you design many more quilts for us all to make! I can hardly wait to go to a quilt show now and be looking for your name. Wow!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived