Circle Lord vs Quiltazoid vs Topper vs EZ Quilt!

I am looking at getting one of these but am very confused after reading all the posts! Anyone in or around Jordan MN have any of these so I could see how they work. I am very new as I just got my Millenium in June 2012. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again in advance as I have already learned so much on this forum.

Robin: Quiltazoid has demo videos on their web site. You don't get an hands on demo, but you can see how the Quiltazoid works. I don't have any experience with the other 3 you mention, but I will say I'm very happy with the Quiltazoid I bought. Really a high quality piece of equipment, and easy to use. Sorry I don't live any where near Jordan MN. Regards. Jim

Hi robin..

No one is responding because we have offered our opinions so many times before.

You should read the old posts so you get what each ones strengths are.

And hit each website for more info and prices.

Then, if possible, you should go to a show and try them all out before you buy.

Each system has pros and cons.

It's personal preference.

Good luck deciding.

Hi, Robin. All of the Circle Lord products are very easy to use. I purchased my first templates soon after I got my Millie and as a new longarmer they helped make my quilting look good and they continue to be the mainstay of my quilting. While I do not always fill a quilt with Circle Lord patterns I often use the templates to create areas on my quilts that I fill in with free motion quilting.

There is a no interest payment plan and the Circle Lord comes with a money back guarantee. Michael and Kay are wonderful to work with and they will help you choose the products that will fit your type of quilts and quilting. If you have a need to talk with them or have questions you can call them almost any time. I have always been 100% satisfied with my CL and the service that I receive.

Please take a look at the CL website and browse the two CL quilt shows. After you select a show you will see links on the right that will bring up quilts by the template(s) used. There is a very large selection of both giant templates and design templates, and MIchael continues to deliver new and innovative templates that get better and better. Michael recently published a new and improved price list with amazing deals!

http://circlelordindex.blogspot.com/

I cannot speak for the other products but I will say that I am a very happy and satisfied Circle Lord user. If I still lived in MN you could try mine, We left in 1995 but still get back occasiionally to visit family and friends. Good luck with your decision and if I can answer any questions about the Circle Lord I would be happy to do so.

• 2 months later...

Robin,

a couple things that might help you see the differences.

The Quiltazoid will use about any board made by QZ, CL, and RnS.

The Topper will make wonderful circles as will most, and I think

they have a few smaller boards.. it too will work with other makers.

The CL will only use CL boards..

Rita

Hi,

One of the things that the Circlelord can do is 200 concentric circles up to 12 inches.

The picture attached shows a 12.5 inch circle with concentric circles of varying sizes.

They are about a thread width apart. This circle could hold 225 circles. That is like having

225 acrylic circles 1/32nd" apart.

This was not done with the Circlelord, but with the Circle Thingy, soon to be introduced.

The Circle Thingy needs only a stylus. Any stylus will do, Circlelord, R&S, HQ, Quiltazoid or Quilt EZ. Of course, it works best with a Circlelord Stylus.

More to come.  In the meantime, take a look at 

The model in the video is just the proto-type, the actual Circle Thingy will be White and

have Spiral pattern as well.

Thank you,

MIchael and Kay

Archived