Need design advice

I'm not very good at this but I was thinking feathers also I think in the in the zig zag I would do straight lines following the zig zag and in the white area it would look like triangles. Does that make since?  As for the flying geese I think CC or ignore them and do a feather wreath.  Not sure about the outer borders.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

All right I don't know what designs are called yet so don't laugh when I try to describe them!!   :)  I might do curved arcs in the geese the way some do with squares - they look sort of like cathedral windows.  (I just don't know what that's called!)  Because the feathers are very fancy and traditional, I might ditch the green zig zags and do straight vertical lines in the white areas behind them.  Maybe something fun like, two lines very close together and one father apart (kind of like the grooves in tongue and groove wall paneling...what's that called?)  LOL**  I hope that made sense...and I can't wait to see what you do!

Edited to add - I see CC up there from Connie...continuous curve, is that what it's called?  LOL*  Maybe that's what I'm trying to describe!

All right I don't know what designs are called yet so don't laugh when I try to describe them!! :) I might do curved arcs in the geese the way some do with squares - they look sort of like cathedral windows. (I just don't know what that's called!) Because the feathers are very fancy and traditional, I might ditch the green zig zags and do straight vertical lines in the white areas behind them. Maybe something fun like, two lines very close together and one father apart (kind of like the grooves in tongue and groove wall paneling...what's that called?) LOL** I hope that made sense...and I can't wait to see what you do!

Edited to add - I see CC up there from Connie...continuous curve, is that what it's called? LOL* Maybe that's what I'm trying to describe!

I think you are referring to beadboard when you ask about the paneling design.

Dang it, I had a long reply and somehow it got wiped out when I went to preview it.  I echo the idea of feathers in the setting triangles of the flying geese, I like Meg's idea for the geese, and all the straight lines in the green zig zags.  What I was trying to help with was the corners.  This is a VERY primitive drawing (glad I can quilt better than I can draw with my finger on the keypad) as I couldn't copy your picture over to my Paint.  Split that area for your feathers so you can keep the feather design consistent all the way around.  Clear as mud?  Or hopefully this will spur your own ideas.

post-3924-0-22288600-1361023034_thumb.jpg

Archived