The continuing saga of my niece and the t-shirt quilts............:>(

:angry: 

Thought I had her straightened out, but this morning she writes that she is going to the city and hopefully will find the fabric needed to make her 3rd son's graduation t-shirt quilt - FIVE YEARS FROM NOW.   She hoped that one of us (meaning me, too) would be able to find it.    Well, that got me riled up but good, so I laid it on the line and told her DO NOT PLAN ON ME MAKING A QUILT FOR HIM 5 YEARS FROM NOW.  Then as per someone's suggestion, I listed what it would cost her to have these quilts made IF she were paying for my time, the quilting, etc.    

I informed her that I would not be searching for this fabric and more power to her if she wanted to go ahead and buy it.   Then she proceeds to include her two youngest kids who are 9 and 11 in this plan.   That's when I really lost it and told her that she should just start looking for another quilt maker for her last 3 kids (she has 5) or learn to make them herself !   IF I am still making t-shirt quilts when her youngest are graduating, I will be making them for MY Grandkids and not her kids.   I have 5 grandkids and the youngest is only 4 years old !

I was very blunt with her, as that's the only thing she understands.   It's all about HER and what she wants and heaven help anyone who gets in her way.   She told me she visited with the 3rd son about his quilt being like his brothers and he said that he would like that..........I'm sure this kid REALLY GIVES A HOOT about a graduation quilt he might get 5 years from now.   SHE probably told him that's what he wanted.   Poor kids aren't allowed to think for themselves I guess.   

I don't really care if I P_____ed her off and hope I did, then I won't have to deal with her ever again.    :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D   As long as she send me my $$ for the materials used in this quilt..........I included her bill with my e-mail, so we will see what happens.  

OK........I've vented my rage at her, so now I can move on and enjoy my day !!!!    :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

:P  :P  :P  You are too funny! Good you got that rant over with!! This woman sounds like a real PITA!!  :huh:  Good luck!

PITA a very kind word for her.   As I mentioned before, DH can't stand her.   He will be thrilled I set her straight.   She did just write and apologize - maybe the $$$ amount she will have to pay someone else got to her????   I am standing my ground and will not be making any more graduation quilts for her - especially not 5 years from now.   

There once was a nice mid-west quilter

Whose life was knocked out of kilter

By a bossy old witch

Who planned a new pitch

But Linda perhaps should have kilt-her!

Hahahahaha! I'm hilarious! :D

Disclaimer** In no way would I ever condone violence against anyone or anything. It's a joke, people! Well, not so much a joke as a really bad poem........

'A Niece And A T-Shirt Quilt' - the parable of where greed will get ya. ;)

Didn't get this one very far........I shut her down and off forever.   I really think I surprised and shocked her, as someone standing up to her and saying NO doesn't happen often.  She tried to lead me to believe she was "just joking", but I don't buy that for a second.   She was trying to backtrack and make nice..........too late !   :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Finished piecing that @#$%# t-shirt quilt today, pieced the backing AND made 2 Pillow Shams (more like pillow cases) to match brother's quilt that I made 2 years ago!!!   Next stop for the quilt is down to the long arm.   Probably Wednesday, unless I am snowed in tomorrow and can't get to my appointments and stuff in town.   She had also "requested" pillow shams for this quilt, but she doesn't even have the t-shirts yet, as there is still Prom and a couple other events where t-shirts will come from.    So, I decided I was not going to make them either.    I measured off the fabric and stabilizer needed and will send it along with the finished quilt.  It seems I have become quite busy and have NO free time left this spring/summer - starting next week as soon as this quilt is done and gone !   :)    This girl seems to think my "gift" of making the quilts is open ended, on going, with no expiration date !   :wacko:    WRONG.....

Thank you guys for letting me rant about this event.  My DH actually stops by while I am writing or reading on the forum and asks "what do the quilt ladies have to say today?"   :)     I read him Linda's fabulous poem and he thought it fit the bill nicely.   Just change one letter in one word from a "w" to a "b"............. :D  :D  :D  :D

Archived