Thread

I love "So Fine" from Superior and Bottom Line in the bobins. If you have a business license or a tax id number you can order at wholesale prices which are less than on the website. They list only retail on the web, but if you call and order they will set up an account that will bring up the whole sale price on their website for you.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Guest Linda S

You might order a small amount and see if you like it. The wonderful thing about APQS machines is that they can handle just about any kind of thread. I use mostly Superior Threads -- they have a great selection, wonderful colors, Bob provides great education about all things thread, their prices are great, and they have a guarantee! :) I also use some embroidery thread from Melco Mart -- it's a shinier 40 wt poly but it runs great in my machine.

Linda

The poly thread from Thread Art is actually ARC thread that is produced for them under their name. I know this because the ARC person at MelcoMart sent me to their website to see their color chart. Melco Mart is having a huge sale on ARC poly. $3.45 on 5000 meter cones. Wonderful color choices. I have used it and it is wonderful and works great on my Millie. I heard of ARC from someone else on this site, but can't remember who.

I use the ARC Poly for both quilting and machine embroidery...the colors are great and they have every color you could possibly want...I think at last count over 500...including metallics, and neons. The great brag that Melco uses for their embroidery threads is that they will not fade with time or by the sun.

I have used ThreadArt on my machine embroidery machine and it works very well - I bought it on ebay. I have never used it on the long-arm, though. I used to use Signature on the long-arm until I tried Superior (They had a special at a show ) and I've never looked back. Superior is not only fine thread but the customer service can't be beat.

Archived