Small pucker in top - need help on getting it to smooth out

Hi-

I just removed a quilt from my frame and noticed that there is a small pucker at the end of the quilt in the border. Its bugging the heck out of me..do I 1- just freaking leave it and move on because its going on the bed and to be honest, you can't really see it?? or 2- try to place it back on the frame, rip it out and some how get it to flatten out??

Can you tell the OCD in me is taking over?!

HELP! JC

Is it your quilt? If it is, will it make you crazy every time you look at it? If the answer is yes, then fix it. But sleep on it for a day or two. My experience is that these little errors can seem less noticeable to you when you go back a day later and look at the big picture. If it's a customer quilt the decision process might be a little different. I'm betting it doesn't look as bad as your initial impression thinks it does.

Claire

Since it is already quilted, I would not remove the quilting.  I would just try to camoflage it by stitching it down with an applique stitch or put an applique or something over it so you don't see it.  I would bet it is not very noticible anyway.  Someone once said if you can't see it when going by on a galloping horse, then chances are, you won't notice it again anyway, unless you look for it each time you look at the quilt...

this reminds me...i have a bonnie hunter mystery quilt that i made...then quilted...then found a mistake in the piecing (several actaully). wouldn't you just know it...i cannot for the life even find the mistakes now (not one)...and the quilt lives on my bed.

seriously...you should just leave it...it will be fine! 

Archived