Spring Cleaning - My own spa treatment...:)

Just finished repacking the grease in my millie, changing out the pigtails, check spring, and a good cleaning, and wish I had ordered motor brushes so they could be finished too, they are not quite there but why not? I'll do those next week. She is purring along again and we are both happy. It feels like I have a new machine again!  And, it really was easy after taking Amy's class on machine maintenance! 

All that to say, I was once so afraid to take apart anything on my machine and now realize how easy it is!  APQS really makes the machines easy to work on!

Vickie, I'm getting this visual of you and your spa treatment ... your hair with barrettes strategically in place, but, of course, that one stray lock falling down that you continually have to blow and push out of eyes, Rubbermaid yellow gloves so fingernails don't get grease under your manicure, big floral apron with pockets, and a few streaks of grease on your forehead and cheeks.   :)

I bought my millie used and did my spa treatment just for piece of mind and giving it a fresh start ,ease of maintainace and customer service were my main reasons for starting out my beginning longarm adventure with APQS and I have no regrets ,oh ,I changed my brushes too ,lol,sounds intimidating but it was the easiest of all .The only big issue I still have not figured out is how to get my channel locks working since I upgraded to the m&m wheels ,I tried the cardboard trick in between the gap with no luck ,think its too much distance ,I just keep running around the machine and manually make them lock ,great exercise but now I do not have the spare time so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated .

Queenie,

I would call APQS and ask them to send you detailed instructions by email on how to re installl those channel locks.  They are not hard either and it is nice to have them working although I don't use mine too much...  I think it has to do with those little silver cartridges on your back wheel without the SR and the same wheel on the top carriage with the SR.

Archived