Gems learnt from longarm quilting.

I have to say, today I appreciated the new skills that I am constantly learning from longarm quilting.

Just one of many so far:

Bobbin tension on a DSM can be tweaked when it's needed, by the owner of the machine!

I remember way before I got my (longarm) machine when taking DSM classes being told, "You never touch the bobbin tension!"

Today I was happily sewing along on my DSM and suspected an issue. Tested the bobbin, way to tight and proceeded to grab my screwdriver and fix it. All without a second thought. Results? Immediate return to beautiful stitches. And this is the result from bobbin tweaking on 'Pearl' whenever the need has arisen.

I love the skills and confidence that longarm quilting continues to gift, to any that take up this rewarding form of creative art. :)

Longarmers have no fear ;) we can do anything we set our minds to.

Amen!

I have always been one of those people who want to know how something works; with my curiosity of that, I’m always taking something apart.  Usually I can get them back together, but not always successful (I have a box in the garage with failed attempts). Before getting my long arm and doing my own maintenance on it I would have never thought about tearing apart something that is X-Thousands of dollars. But, now I have no fear of it!  Some of you may have remember a few years ago I tore apart my Ultimate 1, striped her down, repainted, rewired and added a couple upgrades. I do have to give a lot of credit to APQS for their design, their support system and easy to read instructions!

Archived