Quilt for my teenage son

Here is a quick pattern to make. The blocks are 13.5" finished size. My son picked out all of the fabrics and had to have the furry black on the back. Oh that furry stuff is so messy! I had to do a deep cleaning in my studio after that! My husband calls it the Las Vegas quilt because of the fur!!!

All I did for the quilting was a large meander it worked well to keep the stretchy back from getting tucks.

Great job.  Looks terrific.. If he doesn't love it, take out the stethoscope and listen... see if he has a brain.  LOL,,, I'm Kidding!

It's lovely even if for a "guy".

Fuzzies can be partly controlled by shaking then brushing the fuzzed stuff well, then a rough zig-zag on the cut edges.. and lastly

static guard.  it does not affect or hurt the fabric.  

Install a direct whole house fan in the sewing room and turn it on full when you need to leave the room.  It will pick up small birds,

too.  ROFL.. we have a whole house fan, and it will move any lightweight item, and loves to find loose papers.. of any kind.

It really sucks out the bad air/fumes and a lot of dust particles and fuzzy stuff.. dust bunnies, too.  It pulls those bunnies out of some amazing 

crevases they hide in, besides under the bed,  doesn't work as well on a carpet, but it does help.

Rita

Archived