Fabric Advance question

I have this problem but have learned to go to the back side and pull a little on the right side to get it back into shape.  I think it is also impacted by the quilt sandwich and how much quilting there is.  I try to make sure it is rolling up on the back roller as straight as possible.  It tends to pull into the middle ever so slightly and when it is a big quilt you'll notice it more.  I just go to the back and give a gentle tug on each end to make sure it is pulled out completely.  Clear as mud?

Perhaps you can check to see if your take-up roller is level. Look at the two eye-bolts that hold the roller and make sure the number of exposed screw-threads match. This will mean the roller is level on the table. One side higher even by a bit can make the backer sag on one side. Just a thought.   :)  

Thanks for that suggestion Linda.  I will do that asap.

Something I noticed -  As I was advancing my quilt for a pantograph pass,  I set my laser to the start point,  advanced, and as it advanced the laser had gone about 1/2 - 3/4" to the left  (as I stand at the back of the machine)    

This phenomena, as well as one side that seems to sag more often, as well as the quilt seems to 'shrink' more on the one side (left when standing on the back)  than the right.   

That being said, i will not check the level of the take up rollers :-)  

• 7 months later...

I am still convinced about my original post.  

So, I think I need to straighten my take up roller canvas,  but the opposite end of the motor is a good 1-2'' longer than the motor end.   

And I rarely use that far end, I almost always work closest to the motor.   So, I'm a bit puzzled by that still.

I go to the opposite end of the front roller and make sure I tighten it by hand, on each advance.

I also put each quilt on the frame in a different starting point to the last one, so I am not stretching my leaders in the same place each time. I don't mark the centre of my quilt tops or put them on from the centre out.

Archived