Eventually it makes you laugh.

Many months of planning and untold hours of volunteer labor went into our guild quilt show this weekend. We hung 300+ quilts, it was very well organized and we had great attendance.

Here's what I'm laughing about. The entry forms were available only on-line and I had one small piece to enter. I had so many problems getting the entry to work I finally copied and emailed it to the chairperson. I wasn't the only one with problems. The day they hung the quilts, of the 300 quilts there were at least 50 without the pre-printed info sheet that were going on the front of the quilt. A lot of scrambling and late hours resulted in every quilt but two having a  title/info sheet.

As I walked through the show on Saturday (which had been hung for two days) I found my name as the quilter on several quilts I hadn't quilted. And my name left off as quilter on many quilts when I know my customers would never do that. Some had someone else as the quilter when I had quilted it. Here's the kicker---on my small and only entry, someone else name was added as the piecer! I asked the organizer if she knew who "Dana Clark" was and she isn't even a member of the guild! Last but not least, a great friend and customer had hand-quilted a wallhanging and my name was on as the quilter. We laughed so hard! I guess I'm doing hired hand-quilting now  ;) and my thought is I wish I could hand-quilt as well as my customer!

The show chairperson is mortified and I feel so sorry for her. She is justifiably proud of her organizing skills and they are tracking down the problem--naturally a computer glitch in the "Constant Connection" program they were using. And there just wasn't enough time before the show to check everything. (She's a longarmer and somehow my name as quilter was on several of her personal quilts. Ouch!)

One error makes you question. Two errors make you miffed. Three and you're mad. But 17? It just makes you laugh! :D

Oh Linda I only hope my Sate Guild Show 240 judged quilts and 150 other quilts will have less problems when we hang it tomorrow.

Yes we did have computer problems with entries but after 1000 emails through my computer, in the last month, I think I have them all sorted.

I didn't even get to put one of my own in - too busy thinking about everything else that had to be done.

I hear you Linda. I'm ashamed to say that the medical profession including insurance companies have made so many errors on my records that I can hardly stand it. I've tried to get it all corrected to no avail. Now when I get asked a question by any of them I just tell them to make something up because it's going to end up that way anyway. I don't think they appreciate my sarcasm. I know I don't appreciate their inaccuracies.

It's too bad about the show. I know your work was beautiful.

Archived