Adding a bliss (Is this right?) table

I have a 2008 Millennium and would like to add this feature, if it isn't too costly. For those of you that have done that upgrade would you mind telling me how much it was? And was it worth it? Thanks for the info in advance.

I also have the IQ so I suppose there will be changes I need to make to that also.

I echo what Dell says. I added Bliss the first year it came out and it eased a lot of physical problems I was starting to have.

If the majority of your quilting is freehand--especially custom--it's worthwhile. If you will be doing mostly computerized quilting--not so much.

For your IQ, you will need a new X motor mounting bracket, not sure of the cost of that.  You will also need to get a Stabilizer kit to add to the carriage and that runs $75.00

Did you buy your system new?  Or was it a used system that you purchased later than 2008?  If you have the "pre" Bliss ready table, the cost is $3000.00.  If you have the bliss ready table it is $1000.00.

LOVE my Bliss system.  I echo what Linda said, not that I have a computerized system.  If you are doing primarily freehand, the difference in your body mechanics is amazing with Bliss.  I can quilt for hours without a break, if my brain would last that long.  There is a learning curve because now things move so freely, but well worth the investment in money and time to relearn a few things.

I have a 2006 Millenium, my husband installed the bliss 2 years ago & we added the IQ 16 months ago.

$3,000.00 for the Bliss table, $12,500 for IQ.

They are both pricey but worth every penny for me because I do freehand/custom work and can combine this to the custom work I could do with IQ. I thank my God for these blessings.

Your machine should be Bliss ready.  I had a 2006 and upgraded to Bliss in about 2011.  It is $3000 for an upgrade, but "only" $1000 if you buy a new table and upgrade to Bliss at that time.  The reason for the price difference is that you basically change out the majority of your table.  The legs will stay that same, as will the roller bars, but you'll receive new rails and a new carriage.  Easy directions to follow to get it all taken apart and re-installed without having to take the table completely apart.

OK.. but I apparently am  dense, because I still don't understand.  In order to upgrade my 2009 Millie to Bliss, am I going to be spending $1000 or $3000.  I thought I was going to have to replace my carriage and part of the table to upgrade to Bliss at a cost of $3000.  And again, how would I verify my table is Bliss ready?  Obviously I would prefer to spend $1000 if that's all I need to do.  Can a dealer clear this up?  I have $$ set aside for the upgrade but am about $400 short of the 3K.  The 1K could go in the mail January 1.

Lynn, if you post a picture of your table rails, I can tell if your table is bliss ready or not.  also, your carriage will tell.  Is your carriage the solid one piece aluminum, or is it open?

If you have the old table rails ( c channel rails), it is $3000.00 for the upgrade, as you get completely new rails, a new carriage with new axles for both the machine head and the carriage.

If you have the solid carriage and bliss ready table rails the cost is $1000.00, no matter if you already have the table in house.  Send me a picture or post a picture here of your table rails and your carriage and we should bea able to tell you what you have.

another way to tell is to look at your table top pvc or plexiglass... does it sit on top of the rails and have the magnetic strip to hold it in place?  If so, this is the old style.  If the table top lays down inside the aluminum then it is bliss ready. I would post a picture of mine, but I am out of town on an IQ install.

Lynn,

"Bliss-ready" tables began production in 2010. If your table top rests down "inside" a small lip between your two aluminum rails, and your rails have a v-shaped groove right on the top of them, then they're Bliss-ready. You can also tell by the carriage style. Bliss-ready tables have a single solid piece carriage that is only about 6 inches wide.

Thanks Dawn.  Basically, it is not correct that machines after 2008 are Bliss ready then.  Since mine is a 2009, it apparently is not.  So, when I save the rest of the $$, I will need to decide whether to upgrade to Bliss or get one of APQS' s smoking deals on a demo Bliss equipped.  Missed it by a year...the story of my life!

Archived