New to the Forum

Joined the group the other day..guess its time to post a note to you guys. I have owned an APQS of some kind for over 15 years..Just a brief background is..I opened a fabric shop over 18 years ago...changed it to a quilt shop after 3 years..at that time got my first APQS..one of thosse smaller type that you could only run from one side..after awhile I was at an International Quilt show and I traded up to an Ultimate II...been quilting on that since. About 8 years ago. the building where my shop was, was sold...moved into my garage (of course I carpeted and put heat in it) I live in a small town in Northwest Iowa..thus my choice for this brand. any problems I can load it up and go...so far I have never had to do this.. I really enjoy reading the posts..now since I have joined you might hear from me too...Diann

Hi Diann,

Welcome. Always fun to hear about the quilting journey. It sounds like you are quite an APQS fan.

I just bought a used Millie in September and with working full time, haven't made much progress in my quilting skills. I just finished my second quilt. Another charity quilt for a women's organization for abused women and children. The second was was a vast improvement over the first. I still have a lot to learn!

Gail

Welcome! I am new too. I just got my new Millennium on the 20th of Feb. I have been a mid-arm quilter for 3 years and wanted to upgrade to a better machine. I am doing this for business so I am in the process of PPP'ing! I want to make a design sampler ...........that is my next task before I take on actual customers......

This board is great! Glad you joined us!

Hey! Go Iowa!! I am an Eastern Iowan, and I am also new to this site in the last few months. I got my Millennium in September and have PPPing like a mad woman. I finaly got brave and put something other than practice fabric on there and have now gotten quite a few quilts under my belt. Then I heard of Quilts of Valor and I volunteered and finished 2 quilts for them. I absolutely love my machine and hope to take it to the next level some day and have an income from it. It is my desire to become an heirloom quilter. Being snowed in does have it's advantages...we can quilt all day long!!:)

Archived