MQS Wichita

I am going since I love the show! I am working n a jacket to enter. I am taking classes and teaching a class on Quilted Clothing Competition. I am working extra hard to be a better teacher this year. Not as many technical items to go wrong with an unfamiliar demo machine. I am doing a trunk show with lots of samples and hand out information. I have given this lecture in Iowa 2 times already. So wish me luck!

Dawn can be found at the APQS booth when she isn't teaching classes so you could meet her. She teaches awesome classes and always has new material. I was fortunate to hear her speak at the Des Moines Quilters Guild meeting last week. She also taught 3 quilting classes that were all full. She lives n the Des Moines area so she didn't have a LNG commute.

I don't know if Deloa is associated with a vendor like Dawn is but you could always take a class from her.

I enjoy the MQS show because I have gotten to know some of the people who put it on. I always volunteer to be a Teachers Angel because you get a free class and you get to talk to the teachers more. Some of the teachers kind of recognize me now which is fun!

Oh, dear.  I went last year, and I admit I wasn't as impressed with it being in Wichita as I was in Overland Park even though it was closer for me.  The fact is the vendors have been dwindling for the past 3-4 years in Overland Park, and so it was no surprise to me that there weren't as many at Wichita.  I guess my biggest complaint was the paid parking.  The quilts were still beautiful, I got almost everything from the vendors that were there that was on my wishlist, and I watched a couple of demos that peaked my interest. 

Tyra, if you can catch Deloa in her booth, she's a delight to talk to.  There's several others that are in and out on the showroom floor, too, if you're lucky enough to catch them in between teaching classes and such.

Archived