place your bids!

Hi Sherry!

Give me any reason to bid at an auction, and I am there! Your little quilt is so pretty! Hopefully I am top on that one! Of course, while I was there...so many others called out to me also! (I had better not win them all!!!!) I will be tied to my machine for a month otherwise!

Thank you for the reminder. I hope to get back there before the auction closes! I encourage others to look, and bid...there are some wonderful little quilts on the site!

Karen Burns

Carnation, Washington

I bid but was outbid probably before my bid arrived. :( for me but :-D for Sherry and Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. It already at $150 as of 2:45 p.m. Out of my reach as a new Millie owner and CL owner. In fact I think I shot my wad for the next decade! I would sure love to know how Sherry made this beauty.

Yay! for the Little Green Quilt! Doesn't it have five more days, though? Maybe I'll inherit a million or something in five days..... well, maybe I don't wish that, but sure wish I could bid on the Little Green Quilt. Such beautiful work, Sherry!

copied from The Quilt show (hope I dont get the boot)

Quilts are once again up for auction for Alzheimer's research. Every cent acquired from the purchase of these heartfelt works goes to toward finding a cure for this dreadful disease.

There's a very little quilt going for a TON of money on the Alzheimer's auction. It's machine quilted on a long arm and is absolutely awesome. It's 8 1/2 x 11 INCHES and is already up to $250 after 3 days. The auction goes until the 10th of March.

Ami Simms', coordinator of the project, thinks the top price previously paid for a Priority: Alzhiemer's Quilt was $325 for one made by Charlotte Warr Anderson which was sold in Houston. On auction the highest ever was $250. Let's knock this one out of the ball park.

Take a look: http://www.amisimms.com/700zestforlife.html

Wow, that's interesting, Sherry. Thank you for sharing how you did this. I'd thought you must have used some hand-dyed silk fabric or something, LOL! It must have taken HOURS and HOURS to color that with a fine-tip.

Now, Little Green Quilt, you have been lying down on the job, I see. Still at $250. Get to work! If I had it I'd go bid on it, but I'm living off that amount right now, so somebody put in another bid for the Little Green, ok? Yay, Sherry!

Alright, I will talk to myself, LOL!

Just one more day for the Little Green. I wonder if somebody's lurking out there poised with that last bid no one sees coming at the very last minute, like on eBay.... Well, one thing's certain, I'M not going to be its owner, but I sure am glad I got the chance to see it and learn it history.

Yay for the Little Green Quilt!

Archived