moving or selling my longarm?

I would appreciate input.  I don't want to get rid of my Millenium but I am in TX and will be moving to Michigan next winter/spring. 

I have a 2003 machine with bliss, and hydraulic lift.  My dilemma is that most of my furniture is from 1999 or 2002 and I am thinking of just donating it here.  So how to move the longarm?  I have the original box for the machine head.  I can try and get boxes to ship the frame from the local dealer.  I only have a small sedan so I can't pull at trailer or fit the machine head in my car.  Does anyone have an idea of how much the shipping would cost?

I am wondering about selling and getting a new machine maybe with quiltpath for my new location.  I don't know if it will be difficult to sell locally (Fort Worth) or if it is reasonable to try and work with an APQS dealer here and in Michigan?  Who gets the sale?  do dealers take trade ins or can I work with APQS Headquarters?

I would appreciate any ideas.

Peggy

Dave and Deloa Jones will probably be able to help you.  You can find them under dealers in Michigan.  Dave travels all over the country and he could probably help you move your machine if you decide to keep it, or help you sell if that is what you want.

I travelled with my machine head in January, no problem at all, I did not take the original box, but packed it in thick foil and made sure

it could not move around in the car.

The rails are rather heavy, I guess you would need shipping there, but I would try and keep my machine I'm happy with...

good luck !

Lisa

Peggy, we just moved here to Dallas last summer and I brought my millie and 14 ft frame.  We used a moving truck and wrapped the rails in the cling wrap they make for moving, still got a little dirt on them anyway.  I put the machine head in the original box that I kept and moved it in my car...it was in perfect condition.  

I am wondering if you could just sell the rails and take the head with you and I am thinking it is a perfect time to upgrade to bliss with new rails when you arrive in MI....that's what crossed my mind when I moved here but with all of the other moving expenses it just did not happen for me.....

I am just moving across town but didn't want the complication of moving the machine myself, so I talked to Dave and he was able to do it for me. I had him add his light system to it at the same time and he also gave the machine a tune up. It was awesome to have that off my list of things to do.

Archived