Used rotary cutter blades

I securely tape them to a larger piece of cardboard when I do dispose of them; or put them in an empty blade package if I have one. For blades that are just dull; they are great for paper crafters  & scrapbookers - if you know of any. I have not heard of anyone recycling.

I'm with everyone else.  I use a lidded plastic food container for used needles and sharps in general.  Poke a small hole in the top to slip needles through.  When it's full, I securely tape the lid on and mark it repeatedly "SHARPS" so that no one has to fret about needing to open it to see what's in it.

I send mine to a company in California The name is LP Sharp they recycle and sell olfa ,and noi name blades at a great price if you send them back you get a better price than just buying out right. Check them out they have a web site I have been using them for about 5 years. I do a group order with my friends so the postage is better. I think they ship to US no charge 

I have Operating room sharps containers and put all sharps there. Our local Dump has a hazardous materials disposal part (they also do household chemicals, old latex paint etc) and you can buy one for about $10 and then they give you a new one when you bring back the old one full. Lots of diabetics use the service...I will say that I have never managed to fill one though...but I am working in it...

I usually use an empty bean dip sized can with lid, it holds all sizes. When full, we run a band of duct tape around it

and label the top with "Used Roller Blades. Sharp!"

I wonder how many folks would wonder how a used roller blade could fit in that can.    :lol:

Needles go in a green pill bottle.  When full, we empty into other color container  and again duct tape shut.

Will have to check out the LP Sharpe and keep in mind.  thanks for tip.

We bought dozens of blades for $3.99 a 10 pack, about 8 years ago, so I won't run out very soon, if ever. 

They are good blades, just not in a fancy pack, just a heavy flexible plastic.   We use 45's almost exclusively.

LOL :rolleyes:  I'm sure we have dozens left.

All great ideas for disposal.........will keep them all in mind.  I put mine in a small box for DH to add to his scrap metal barrel in his workshop.  I may look for a small can or other container I can seal up better for safety.  I did write to the Olfa company asking if they knew of any recycle places...........they did not.   They suggested many of the same ideas you have already posted.     :)

I usually use an empty bean dip sized can with lid, it holds all sizes. When full, we run a band of duct tape around it

and label the top with "Used Roller Blades. Sharp!"

I wonder how many folks would wonder how a used roller blade could fit in that can.    :lol:

Needles go in a green pill bottle.  When full, we empty into other color container  and again duct tape shut.

Will have to check out the LP Sharpe and keep in mind.  thanks for tip.

We bought dozens of blades for $3.99 a 10 pack, about 8 years ago, so I won't run out very soon, if ever. 

They are good blades, just not in a fancy pack, just a heavy flexible plastic.   We use 45's almost exclusively.

LOL :rolleyes:  I'm sure we have dozens left.

RitaR, I'd LOVE to happen onto a deal like that.  Message me if you find a similar deal.  Drooling . . . :-)

Wow!  I love the idea of recycling them.  I've tried several different home sharpeners, & unfortunately they don't work for very long.  Even the TrueSharp Blade Sharpener at $35 didn't last.  I will definitely try LP Sharpe out.  Thanks for the tip!

Check out LP sharpe- New Olfa blades are only $3.80 a blade when u buy New  and $3.50 a blade if you trade old ones in. 

I always buy Olfa from them but they have generic and they are cheaper yet.

Archived