NQR - What software do you use for your sit down sewing machine?

I need to purchase software for my sewing/embroidery machine.  In the past I have used 4D professional by Viking.   I'm open to changing software and expect to digitize in the future also.  I'm hoping some of you who use sewing machine software (not long arm) can tell me what you use and how you like it.  What features are your favorite and what should I look for?   I have a Viking Diamond sewing machine however I believe most any software will work to transfer designs for this machine.   I'd like to narrow the field down to two so I can spend time at the dealers comparing these.   Sure appreciate your input and recommendations.   I know this isn't long arm related but I'm thinking many of you probably have this type of software and probably use it much more regularly then I did in the past.   

Oh, and I looked at the new Viking Epic sewing machine - absolutely fabulous however a hefty price.

Thanks... Mercedes

I use Xpressive by Pulse. This is what came with my Elna Xquisite II when I bought it. I'm not sure this is available any more but I truly love it. I belong to an online group of Xquisite users. I have heard them talking about embird. Several of them havery this also. The are pleased with if. Hope that helps some. I use my embroidery machine a lot.

Mercedes I have the 4D like you and I would go with Art & Stitch.  You can buy just the embroidery module and later add the quilting machine module if you want it.  There is also yahoo group if you wish to ask questions.  Good Luck on what ever you choose.  Saundra

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback.  Jim, I'm wondering where you find the Design shop Pro Plus - is this something sold at the sewing machine stores as I don't recall seeing it before.  Seems like I have more research then I really wanted to do however software isn't cheap and I want to try and select the best for my purpose.    Mercedes

I have multi-needle Brother machines, Bernina and a few others (I have a sewing machine addiction).  I use Brother's PE-Design but for really good digitizing I use Floriani Total Pro who has great online classes.  I know a lot of my quilting and IQ buddies use Art and Stitch.  There's a lot of great programs out there just get one that you are comfortable with and afford.

Archived