Used Millie vs New Lenni

I am probably over thinking this but I am to the point of being stuck!! The question is to buy a new Lenni or a certified 2006 Millie for about the same price. This will probably be the first and only machine I buy so I really want make a smart choice. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.....I know Millie is top of the line but is getting new with the original warranty worth bypassing getting top of the line even tho it is used?????? Help.......

I've been singing the benefits of buying certified preowned for quite a while. The machines get a thorough overhaul and are sold with a one year warranty. Our Green Millennium is ten years old now and has been extremely reliable and I don't think I have fixed anything other than normal wear items. I also believe the Millie will be less expensive in the long run because it will probably be worth more when it is time to sell. Only you can decide which machine works better for you.

Nigel

I agree with Nigel & Lisa. I bought my 2006 Millie from APQS, not green Millie but sold as used almost new Millenium. I have routine regular maintenance done every other year. Because Millie is built as commercial machine, it could withstand the time & heavy use as long as you take proper care which is really minimal.

I am happy with my now 8 year old Millie and do upgrade to Bliss if you can afford it, it will bless your quilting experience more.

You cannot go wrong with either machine because APQS machines are made to be used, a lot! Though I agree with the comments above, I might add that many award winning quilts have been done on vintage machines from APQS. You can achieve great stitch quality with any of their machines and they are all built to last.

Great advice, you've all had a lot of good input for me to think about.  I appreciate it and will be making a decision soon, I am excited to get my hands on a APQS machine. I've wanted one for a long time now and don't want to wait any longer now that I finally have the room.

I agree with all the above comments.  My only additional thought is to consider the size of your room where your machine will be.  If you have enough room for a Millie, then go for it.  It you will be really cramped with the Millie, but will have a more comfortable working space with the Lenni, then go for the Lenni.  I absolutely love my Lenni  :wub:     :wub:    :wub:  I don't have room for a Millie but have not regretted it for a moment since I bought my Lenni new in 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2010 Lenni.  I love my machine.  That being said, if I knew then what I know now, I should have bought one of the machines with more throat space.  I was so new to quilting when I bought it I didn't want to get a higher priced machine and then find out I wasn't going to stick with quilting.  I've stuck with it and now I dream of more space to quilt.  The smaller quilt space is most noticeable when doing custom quilting.  Best of luck with your choice.

Archived