Ruler Mate

Good Morning,

I just got my new Millie head this week, and my Ruler Mate doesn't fit with the threadcutter on. I went to order a new Ruler Mate, but the last question on the form asks for the hopping foot height. It is either 1/2" or 3/4" for the APQS, I don't remember that question when I ordered the last one.

Has anyone ordered one lately? 

And thank you Gretchen Adams, my Sales Rep, for helping me order my new Millie head!!! And thank you Shana, for posting that you upgraded your Millie head. I never thought just to get the new head!!!

I will probably be selling my old Ruler Mate, since I don't have a use for it. So if anyone is interested just let me know!

Karen

This Millie is very cool!!! :D  :D  :D

When I had my Millie, I hated the thread cutter. It left a tail that I had to cut off after I took the quilt off the frame. I stopped using it and would just bring the thread to the top and clip it. Then I removed the thread cutter making my machine a little lighter, and bought the Ruler Mate for machines without the thread cutter. So I say all of that to say this, just remove your thread cutter  :)

I am guessing no one uses thread cutter! I am kinda on the fence with taking it off, as I just got  the machine. I think I will wait to order a new RulerMate.

Is it easy to take off the thread cutter??

Thanks for your input!!! :)

Yes, Virginia I traded in my Freedom head for new Millie. Call your local dealer they do have some show specials going on. You could also call APQS.

I have a new-to-me Millie and I am going to purchase a ruler base.  If I added the cutter, the ruler base would have a larger surface.  So am I better off buying the one that you use without the cutter or the one with?  The previous owner did not use the cutter, and I did not have the intention of putting it on unless there was a benefit.

Many thanks

Wendy

Ontario, Canada

I just hate the time it takes to clip the threads. If I remember right you just remove two screws. I think you will like it better without the thread cutter. It makes it a bit lighter. I am not sure on the size of ghe base, but I think it is the same, if you are talking about the Ruler Mate base.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question.  Is the Ruler Mate the same as the Hartley Base Expander that came with my machine?  I too have the Thread Cutter on my Millie which I have never used and have not yet removed.  The Hartley Base Expander is designed to fit around the thread cutter so I know that if I remove it I will need a new base expander. Thanks  :)

Just a quick question.  Is the Ruler Mate the same as the Hartley Base Expander that came with my machine?  I too have the Thread Cutter on my Millie which I have never used and have not yet removed.  The Hartley Base Expander is designed to fit around the thread cutter so I know that if I remove it I will need a new base expander. Thanks  :)

The RulerMate is made of metal and is screwd onto the machine, The Hartley Base expander is plexiglass that slides on and off. I have both but my preference is the RulerMate. I leave it on the machine.I only take it off for cleaning, I rarely use my thread cutter but do occasionally.

• 6 months later...

Karen,

Have you ordered your table mate?  Who did you order it from?  I tried ordering it the beginning of October.  I used my credit card and the amount was not deducted.  I have tried calling Love to Quilt about my order and have not heard anything other than she was at the eye doctor's and would contact me the next day.  It has been 8 days since I have heard from her.  I really like the looks of the Ruler Mate, but can't seem to get it ordered through Donita at Love to Quilt. Is there someone else that sells the Table Mate?

Susan

Archived