DD Update

Thank you Mary. I know there are a lot of people praying and a lot of concerened people out there reading. I know of a lot of people who just come in and read but don't post messages because they are afraid that what they say will sound stupid...evidently they have not read my posts;) Thank you for letting me know you have been there, or someone you know has. It is good to know when people and babies come out of this okay.

Jen's DH and the office manager are working together now to get her disability started - that should help some with a little money flow. He started a new job today, and there is no pay for the first week during orientation, after that it should be pretty good...then in a year or two it will be excellent. Jen just has too much to worry about right now to think about money. We are helping, my parents are helping, my brother has offered to help. So the whole family is pitching in. They are going to be okay, they just have a lot going on right now.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad Jen got some rest in the hospital this past week.

Anxiety can really compound a pregnancy. I hope she starts eating better too because the high sugar, high fat diet she has been use to can also be adding to her problems.

With my 2nd pregnacy (not my twin pregnancy that landed me in the hospital for 6 1/2 wks) but the pregnancy that resulted in my son. I was still working and broke my leg during the middle of it, the doctors put me on an early disability. I did not receive my full pay like I would have if I stayed on the job until my due date then went on a normal maternity leave, it was a reduced amount and we were already living paycheck to paycheck. So even though I was getting some money it still wasn't enough to make ends meet.

So Mary Beth be prepared if Jen's employer only agrees to a reduce pay on the early disability. I hope the place she works for is all heart and is willing to give her full pay though. It will be alot easier on Jen if they do.

Joann

What a day. I called to see if Jen was okay...and she was bawling like a baby, I almost couldn't understand her. She was saying "I'm having a bad day, me and Charles just don't get along." :o huh! :o I said, "Are you kidding? do you want me to come and get you?" I didn't know what was going on. I drove to her house thinking I was going to kill him and all the good things I said here about him, I was going to take back. I picked her up and started for home and she said, "When someone is sick and they want something to eat but can't fix it for themselves, someone should fix it for them." Okay, I'll go along with that. "What did you want?" Bawling, and bawling like a drunk when you take his bottle away she said, "A pancake! That's all I wanted was a pancake!" Oh my goodness!! "Are you going to put syrup on that pancake?" She looked at me like I had 3 heads and said, "Well yes." Told her I wouldn't fix her one either. Told her she could have a banana, toast, or applesause - because that is what the doctor said.

I will talk to Charles if needed about hounding her to go back to work, because she doesn't need to hear that right now. But I'm really glad he stood his ground on the pancake!!

I think these meds are making her loopy.

Man hormones aren't they just ducky....:P Gene said I was a bearcat when I was carrying Amy....Me personally can't remember anything about hormones. To me I was my normal gentle easy going me. To hear his side I was the devil in drag and my head was spinning everytime he came home. Poor Boy...no wonder he really didn't want anymore after her.:D

I smile now because what Jen is going through is what Gene decribes to people as a good day with Bonnie being pregnant.:( Glad I don't remember those days.

They say we don't remember the pain....do you think it is selective memory?:) I cried all 9 months with my son. A very emotional time as I remember. My mom hates it when women cry....she made me cry more than once just trying to get me to shut up!

I just found this posting today and will keep your family in my prayers. I have a girl friend that went thru this some years ago and it was scarry. She hemoraged (sp?) at 11 weeks untop of being so sick but every one survived. She was home with an IV from 11 wks until a month before she delivered. Her daugter is healthy and strong and such a spitfire. We laugh about it now because she hung on thru everthing and is so strong. We never know why but we are not given any more then we can handle. (It doesn't always feel like that tho at times.) I have many strugles w/my daughter that make me wonder about that syaing. It look me 10 years to get pregnant with her and she is a blessing to have in my life despite all the frustrations. Anyways my prayers are with your family. Stay strong.

Jen seems to be feeling better everyday. Has not thrown up since Sunday afternoon when they came home from the hospital. She is staying at our house until her DH gets off work and comes to pick her up. She eats like a bird, but is afraid to eat too much, and when I say too much, she had a piece of toast and a banana, all day yesterday. For dinner I fixed her some chicken breast, then she had and Ensure shake-thingy. It is something, but just doesn't seem like enough. It sure isn't pancakes!!;)

I notices she is getting her attitude back. It was so easy when she was in the hospital cause you can tell her what to do and what she shouldn't do and all is well. Now, I made some suggestions about diet, and about not reading about hyper emesis on the internet, and she thought I was telling her everything she was doing wrong....(I wish these smilies would roll their eyes - cause that's what I just did).

I really think she is on the upswing, but still needs to take it easy for the next few days. But, we all know, I'm not a medical professional - yet!:D

Hi Mary Beth,

You may not be a medical professonal - yet, but you are a mom, and she is a daughter, and that's what daughter's do to their moms. Just know that the attitude is a good thing, she's feeling better and back to herself. I'm still praying for her.

Beth

Amen....boy that was an understatement....that's what mom's and daughters do... I too would like to roll my eye's at my daughter at times....some of the things that come out of that mouth. I wonder still if I didn't come home with the wrong kid. :P

So glad to hear that Jen is doing better....and here is my daily hug....sorry so late, I had to go to New Jersey today.

Glad to hear Jen is feeling better, Mary Beth. I'll get to work on those squares this week. Finally can turn my attention to quilting again, yay!

Bonnie, you are so funny! I've always known I came home with the right kid precisely because of her stubbornness, LOLOLOL!!!

I've always wondered about that too. Except that Jen has my quick wit...or maybe it's nit wit :o:)

I know what you mean Patty, I have been working on a t-shirt quilt and everytime I turn around I need to quit to help Jen. It seems like I have been working on this one forever. Jen must have thought so too because she asked me if I could possibly be making any money at this since it takes so long to get a quilt done. :o:mad::o Kids!!

Patty and Mary Beth,

Oh, I too know I came home with the right kid....blonde, green eyes...looks way to much like me.:P

Besides the only other baby born the same day and the same week (was a slow week in Miles City, MT) was a hispanic boy....very dark eyes and way to much hair. I had never seen a baby with that much hair till then.

It wasn't until about 5 that I started to wonder where my little angel went and the person I see to day came from....I KNOW I can blame my mother. She acts a lot like her.:cool:

Mary Beth

I'm so glad to hear that Jen is doing better. Sounds like she is getting better if she is giving you a hard time! Just do what I did to my oldest daughter; I told her I hoped she had two children just like her. She does! I enjoy every minute I spend with them, too.

Can you believe that I have finally had time to read APQS two days in a row. Yeah!

Take care, my friend

Phyllis

No rest for the wicked...is that right?? Jen called and needs help cleaning her house for a couple of hours. I so wanted to get this dumb quilt quilted...and I thought I could go work out today...well, housework can be a workout.

I'm just so happy that she feels good enough to want to do this. This has been an experience.

Hi Mary Beth,

Jen must be doing better if she thinks that she needs to clean house. I can pretty much ALWAYS find something else to do instead. Have you read the "Mitford" books? To quote Uncle Billy, "There's no rest for wicked and the rightous don't need none."

Still praying,

Beth

Jen is doing better today. Finally!! Thankfully. But keep praying, she has had a couple of good days before, then went into a downward spiral....She feels dizzy and sleepy but they have her on so many meds for nausea and "happy pills" for the blues...that I think that is part of the dizzy problem. She is afraid to be to confident right now, she is just afraid she will get sick again. I told her she really needs to eat right now while she can so she can build up her strenght....eaiser said than done. Nothing sounds good...it doesn't smell right...can't look at it....you know - the regular pregnant stuff.

One more thing. Jen's DH started a new job through the sheet metal workers union this week - but this first week of oreintation is not paid...after this week they could be hired by a company - or not! Charles was hired today by a company here in town and will begin work immediatly - that is another answered prayer.

Oh my goodness, talk about stress upon stress! No wonder they are stressing about money. Hopefully, the worst is behind them. That is until the child hits the teen years! :P

Beth, I love the Mitford series. I haven't read the last book, though. I think its because its the last book in the series and I just don't want it to end.

Just a little over two weeks until classes start at MQS. I can't wait.

Phyllis

Oh, Mary Beth, you don't have anything else on your plate right now. What's the problem?:)

I was going to bring a wall hanging with me, but I rather doubt if I'll get to it. Isn't it great to be busy? That reminds me, breaks over, so I better get back to work.

We're a bit off subject aren't we? I presume that means that Jen is still doing well.

Phyllis

Archived