DD Update

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of flowers, why don't we all send Jen a baby block for a quilt? Which size would you like Mary Beth 6.5, 8.5, 10.5? We could all do blocks in Jen's color choice. We'll need an address of where to send them. Would it be okay to send ones made in cotton since flannel is so thick? Then you could do the quilting Mary Beth and use minky which is so soft for a baby. Jen can use the quilt as comfort until the baby arrives and the blocks would come from all over judging by the number of people that are writing on the chat. This way we can comfort with something tangible that will make for a wonderful keepsake.

Vicki

Sorry not to have sent messages, I've been sitting at the hospital all day. Jen has one of three things, fluid on her lungs, asthma or pneumonia. They are now giving her breathing treatments. I have no idea how that happened. There is no blood clot on the lung - that is the good news. There is a blood clot in her arm, but not in a main vein that could go to the lung - the other good news. The best news for us is that they will be keeping her in the hospital at least until Monday....they can monitor her better than we can. Also, her doctor is calling in a Gastrointestial bla, bla, bla, to possibly do an upper GI. Who knows when that will take place. Her blood pressure is much better today. They gave her potassium and that should help a bunch.

What a totally wonderful idea to sent quilt blocks, Jen would love that. I have no preference. Whatever you all want to send would just make her totally happy.

You gals are the best!! I am blessed to know you all!!

Mary Beth, thank you for the update. We will just up or prayers. Please keep us posted, she has become like an adopted daughter or something. I am glad they will be keeping her, I am sure it will help and perhaps you can get a little bit of rest.

Big hugs to all of you Mary Beth, I'm just on my knees for Jen. It sounds like she's getting really great medical care, and great support from the family which soooo important. Hoping you all get a good peaceful rest tonight, and a good peacefull start tomorrow, and a quick end to all this so she can enjoy the rest of her pregnancy!

Thanks pigletaz. They are trying to avoid blood thinners right now because I think she would need to stay on them throughout the pregnancy and that is a long ways off...Also, a nurse/friend said that when on the thinners she would need to come in every other day to have her blood tested. Well worth it if there is clotting. Hopefully we can avoid all of that.

We are having a good day today. Jen tried to get up and take a shower last night, but her heart rate dropped when she got up so they made her go back to bed. She was able to get up today and take a shower, but she was out of air by the time she was finished. One doc, I think the heart doctor, said that this is normal with pregnancy. I don't know, it never happend to me, but who knows. She will be in the hospital until Sunday at least. Keep your fingers crossed.

Good...now I can go back outside and do some more mowing in my huge 3 acre yard.....I came in special to see if you had been here yet...weren't last time I checked. :)

So glad today was a good day....and now how are you doing? Did you get any sleep yourself.;)

I did sleep. At 8:20 pm I told DH I was going to bed...he looked at me like I had 3 heads! :) Then he realized I needed to. However, I layed there until 9:30 - I hate that. Then I was up at 5 am. I hope she knows how much I am worried about her. Anyway, went to hospital and beat the doc there. They really didn't have much different to say today. I am thinking part of this is anxiety, and then she can't eat or doesn't eat the right thing when she can. They changed her diet to low fat - I'm all over that - she hates it and won't eat much, but she eats some. I keep preaching - quietly now- but I'm gonna give her the old Souther Baptist preachin when she gets better....she has to start eating better for that babies sake. Okay, done.

I have to save up for Jen ;)

Back to your original question....I have 2 t-shirt quilts that need to be done now...and a 24x24 donation wall hanging for MQS...I am tired, but I have to get this stuff done. I am working on the t-shirt quilts today and I plan to be in bed about 8...I hope I make it.

Hey Mary Beth,

What would you and your customers think about passing those quilt on to someone else who doesn't have quite so much on their plate? You'd still get the money, obviously, but that way they could have their quilts, and you wouldn't have to stress about getting them done.

Drop me a line if that appeals to you.

Beth

Oh Beth, thank you, that is a very nice offer but I only have these 2 t-shirt quilts that need to be done in the next 2 weeks. All I need to do is talk to these people because they are friends of the family - they would totally understand.

Jen is getting out of the hospital today. She has not been really sick since she went in, except for the breating and the irregular heart beats. Today after the doctor told her she could go home, she started getting sick. She is terrified to be home alone. She does better at the hospital or when she is at our house. I think because she miscarried the first time, she is so, so worried that she can't function. She did talk to her doctor about it this morning, so hopefully they will be watching that closer. Also a nutritionist is suppose to talk with her about her diet before she leaves there today. She is to be on a low-fat diet. I really think the sugar and rich diet that she is use to needs to subside for a while, hopefully forever.

Anyway, I want to wish you all a very happy mother's day. It is a beautiful day here....I hope it is the same where you all are.

God bless you all,

Mary Beth

Hi Mary Beth,

I'm sure you and Jen and her doctor's have discussed this, but is there some type of anti-anxiety med that she could take while pregnant? I can certainly understand her feelings of anxiety after having miscarried, but now to have all of this additional stress on her.

Happy mother's day to you and Jennifer, God bless to you and yours.

beth

Yes, they have perscribed some anti-anxiety meds, said they do it all the time. They have put her on a low fat diet, she called it the B.R.A.T diet - I hope that is not a preditcion of whats to come :P But my mind is jello and I can't remember what that means....B = Bread, R = ?- A = Applesauce, and T = ? Sure glad I'm not on that diet - I would be sick of bread and applesauce :P:D:P.

Kathy,

That could be it!

Jen is home now, and spent the night here last night. She must have had a good night because I have not seen her or heard her since we put her to bed. She is not hooked up to any IVs and hopefully we can avoid going back to that. She had a gallon storage bag full of meds and we went through them last night and wrote down when to take what - whew, haven't seen anything like that since my grandmother was alive.

My DH told her last night that if she needs someone to stay with her during the day, that he can do it, since he is the boss at work and has lots of vacation time...Can you believe that...her own dad didn't even come up to see her in the hospital. He lives 3 hours from here, but she was there from Thursday till Sunday, that is a weekend and plenty of time. I think I made a wise choice when it was out with the old...in with the new;)

Mary Beth,

I've been following your posts and praying for Jen and Baby. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for all of you. In another life, I was a nurse in labor and delivery. And I've been where she is, having lost a baby at 20 weeks and then had a difficult pregnancy with my son. And my daughter couldn't keep anything down and had lots of IV fluids for over 6 months.

The one thing I would tell her is to put her health and the baby first right now. Money comes and money goes and financial problems can be fixed AFTER the baby is safely here. It might be a good idea to talk with her doctor and human resources at her work, and see if a paid medical leave of absence is possible.

There are probably a lot of people like me who have been reading and praying, but haven't posted. You have a lot more prayers coming your way than you realize.

Mary

Buda, TX

Archived