After hours Support

PamB

Anyone know if APQS has support on the weekends?  I'm having a problem with thread breaks all of a sudden.  Have done all the normal stuff, multiple times, rethread, new needle, new bobbin, checked for burrs, cleaned everything, etc., etc.  At my wits end. I left a message for support on their answering machine, just wanted to know if they answer calls on the weekend. 

Running A Freddie with IQ and the thread keeps breaking.  I can't run more than 3-5" before it breaks. I've read thru all the previous posts and tried the following:

Checked hook for burs, (none found), no burs on needle plate, blown out hook area, cleaned and oiled hook, checked bobbin case for burs, changed bobbins, twice, changed thread, twice, rethreaded machine multiple times, went twice around thread break detector, bypassed thread detector all together. 

After all that the top thread still breaks, though about half the time the machine stops, but the thread is not broken. I disconnected the cable to the thread break detector on IQ, but still the thread breaks.

If anyone can think of anything I have missed or should try, I would be grateful.  

Pam

Pam

What thread are you using?  Is it breaking at points if so the Dwell may be set too high.  How fast are you trying to stitch, I find I have to stitch Glide a little slower than So Fine or I get thread breaks but not that often.  How old is your machine?  Are the pigtails grooved, if so loosen the screw and rotate them 180 degrees so they are upside down until you get new ones.  Try using your cell phone to record the thread path as it stitches, you may see the thread snagging when you playback.  Does the thread shred before it breaks?  Needle in backwards or bent?

Nigel

I'm running a Freddie with IQ, that is only two months old. I'm not sure the pigtails should be groved after only two months but I'll check.  Glide thread, dwell is off. I stitched out two rows just fine before this started. I'm stitching at 1.9, stitch length is set at around 12, stitch reg is off. Thread does not shred it just breaks. I keep looking for a point where the thread is snagging but cannot find one.   I can try slowing it down even more and I'll try the video. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Check all your pigtails (thread guides), make sure the thread hasn't slid back to the screw.  Every time I can't figure out what's going on with my thread breaks, I find the thread sneaked on the screw instead of through the pigtail.  Did you try changing your needle, when installed is the "scarf" to the rear?   If you can, post a pick of your thread path, sometimes a second eye can help.  Hopefully, you found the problem by now, but just in case these are my thoughts.

Archived