Show us your pictures!

When I take a break from quilting, I like to sit down and read what the posts here but it's much too quiet! Either I'm taking too many breaks or you're not taking enough breaks!

Are you quilting? If so, what are you working on? Want to share some pictures with us?

Anyone want to take a picture of what's on your machine right now and share it with us? (Don't forget to resize your photos so they're not too big please).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now my machine looks like a stationary bike in someone's bedroom. I have three tops I have pieced and one soon to be pieced (just got through cutting the pieces) (a king sized red and cream for my valentines day bed). My machine was in Iowa for a couple of weeks and I haven't even turned it on yet. I find that I need to keep the momentum up with customer quilts. If there is a lull, my confidence seems to be replaced with insecurities and loading that next quilt is the hardest thing to do. But I have to get it on the machine today. Time's a wasting.

I'll take a picture of it when I get it started.

Donna

Hi ladies,

I haven't tried posting a pic on here before so hopefully I won't mess up.

I've only done 3 quilts on my machine so far and this is the first one.

My son-in-law is a dive master that goes on the trips to the Bahamas & takes tourists diving. Each crew member is allowed to take one small quilt or cover to wrap up in. Dougs' request was for a quilt that had sharks in it. VERY hard to find realistic sharks.

Finally found some on equilter.com and used it for the main background.

The picture on the bottom left, and the smaller ones up the right hand side are actual pictures of Doug scuba diving at different times.

I wrote him a poem & used it for the label on the back.

post--13461897608888_thumb.jpg

See what happens when you ask a quilter what they have been doing! :P

This is a close-up of my quilting. This is the 3rd quilt I have done on my machine. I'm still learning, of course, so there were times when I made a right hand loop when a left hand loop would have been better. But all in all, it turned out pretty good.

I used one of the varigated "Rainbow" threads from Superior. Love them!

I just got my machine the middle of December & I have been having lots of fun. Learning a lot too!

post--13461897609195_thumb.jpg

Joe Ann: Great pix and great quilts!! Thanks for sharing. Not hard to post pictures, is it? :P Now we'll expect to see lots more pictures from you.

Donna: Load that next quilt before you go to bed! I hate having to get up in the morning and load a quilt first thing so I always try to get them loaded in the evening. I'm a whole lot more likely to get started without procrastinating if I have it already loaded.

Joe Ann: Great quilting. And you only got your machine in Dec!!!! I'm just about to book a flight to Melbourne to go trial the machines - Liberty & Milli - and I'm madly drawing feathers on a whiteboard :mad: I REALLY like that heart/leaf design - is that a panto? Who by? I'd like to order that one when I get my machine. Keep up the great work. It's fantastic to see that quality is attainable (?) so quickly - I thought it would take much longer. You must have really been putting the practice in - and it shows!

Kathy,

No it isn't a panto. It is free handed from the front of the machine.

I really like the Liberty. I know the larger machines give you alot more working space. But when trying out the machines, I found that I wasn't using the space way in the back.

I'm about 5'4", small boned & have rheumatoid arthritis with alot of joint damage. So I have major health issues. The Liberty is light weight enough that I can use it without too many problems.

After the second quilt, I purchased a drafting chair & that is a really big help to me also.

Judy,

I forgot to tell you, that is a neat quilt. I really like your eagle fabric. Do you remember the manufacturer or where you purchased it?

Joe Ann: The eagle fabric is apparently Timeless Treasures. I'm all out and I bought it last year at a shop in Sulphur, Louisiana when I was home. I just did a search and found it at The Stitching Post Quilts in Indiana. I've ordered from them several times and they are great. Here's the link to the page with the eagle fabric:

http://www.stitchingpostquilts.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=Patriotic_Novelty&productid=pat150&pid=1#pat150

Hi Everyone,

I know I have been out of here for a while, when I went back to school after christmas, I got slammed with homework. Really have not had much time to be in the sewing room, much less on my machine. She really misses me a lot. I loaded another one up last nite. I will take a pic and post it later.

But in the mean time, I do have another picture of something I am working on. This is our newest family member, Scooby.

He is a 9wk old Basset hound, and he is a lot of Joy, and a lot of chewing.

Blessings and hugs,

Tracey

Tracey... What are you studying? I just finished my Master's in Business Administration.....I took my classes on this good old computer online.

Good luck to you... I don't know how I found the time to complete my degree. I don't seem to have any free time anymore.

Barb Wetzel

Ivy Corner Quilting

Altoona, Ia. 50009

:)

Judy,

The quilt is lovely,.......the dog picture is a HOOT!! Love it!:P

What's the name of the quilt block pattern.....is it hard to do the curves? I really like it and the colors too. My youngest daughter is remodeling and wants blues and yellows in their bedroom.

The dog's name? Love the pic!! Phyllis

Sorry, Tracey, Scooby is adorable too! I have a Basset grandpup by the name of Barkley Oscar Meyer.....he's about 5 years old and so funny. I get all warm and fuzzy over dogs..have two, a Boxer named Jake and a Yorkie named Rusty. They're my babies and I adore them. Phyllis

This is my first customer quilt. I did it last week. It has little stippling all over except the cross-hatched border. Endless stippling is sooo boring. The customer wanted nothing but stippling, I?m so glad I was able to talk her into the cross-hatching to break things up a bit.

post--13461897609752_thumb.jpg

Phyllis,

My dogs name is Rocky. He's a sweetheart. The name of the quilt is Winding Ways from the book by the same name. Look at www.nancymac.com. The curves are very easy to piece. The book has lots of great pictures and is very easy to follow.

Tracy, Scooby's a cutie. I love his eyes. I just want to give him a big hug!!

Judy

Archived